Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

I know I've posted here about my neighbour who picks random songs (I'm sure he has a reason for picking them) and plays them for 1+ hours on repeat. Today he decided to switch it up and play a whole album over and over again. I feel like he's trying to make me a Down With Webster fan.

At least it's a whole CD instead of one song.....

And it could be worse. When my brother was a lot younger (like 8 or so) he LOVED the pokemon song. So he would listen to it. On repeat. ALL. DAY. LONG. And God forbid someone wanted to listen to a different song. One day the CD went "missing";). It was probably the best day of my 10 year old life..... Until I was made to "find" it again........

At 21, he still plays things on repeat ALL DAY LONG, but at least his music taste is better than it was before!

You could always have a music war. Start playing some random stuff on repeat (in a genre he probably doesn't listen to). Louder than his music. See how he likes it? Or going over and asking him nicely to turn it down/take it off repeat?

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I don't think that dentistry girl is gonna work out. She never texted me back after saying that it would be a good idea to meet just to talk stuff over.

However, last week I was at my old high school because all the alumni were invited to take part in festivities in the old building before it was being torn down to make way for the new building almost finished construction. I met up with a bunch of old friends and one old friend I never really talked to after high school except at random times on FB, but I thought she was always cute.

On Friday she drunk messages me on FB starting with "hey you" and I work from there. Eventually I got her number and we texted each other pretty much all day Saturday and made plans to hit the gym together.

But the problem is that I'm sick. Today was like my peak sickness day and I had to cancel on her so I said that we'd reschedule for Friday. :(

I'm talking to her right now and get this: she's doing crosswords. She does crosswords daily. Oh. My. Freaking. God. (People relatively new here will not get the significance of crosswords).

I have my bio final tomorrow... so I'm doing everything but studying! Cleaned up my laptop fan, vacuum cleaner, dishes, internet... you know the drill ;)

LOL im the same. In light of the thread on coffee shops i drove to one 30mims away (beside my gym) so that i could get some nondistracted work done. I should have left my ipad at home... Lol

Good luck on your final though im sure you dont meed it :)

At least it's a whole CD instead of one song.....

And it could be worse. When my brother was a lot younger (like 8 or so) he LOVED the pokemon song. So he would listen to it. On repeat. ALL. DAY. LONG. And God forbid someone wanted to listen to a different song. One day the CD went "missing";). It was probably the best day of my 10 year old life..... Until I was made to "find" it again........

At 21, he still plays things on repeat ALL DAY LONG, but at least his music taste is better than it was before!

You could always have a music war. Start playing some random stuff on repeat (in a genre he probably doesn't listen to). Louder than his music. See how he likes it? Or going over and asking him nicely to turn it down/take it off repeat?

Hahaha. I didn't mind it as much. Down With Webster isn't as bad as some of the stuff they listen too.

I'm talking to her right now and get this: she's doing crosswords. She does crosswords daily. Oh. My. Freaking. God. (People relatively new here will not get the significance of crosswords).
lol. That's great.

LOL im the same. In light of the thread on coffee shops i drove to one 30mims away (beside my gym) so that i could get some nondistracted work done. I should have left my ipad at home... Lol

Good luck on your final though im sure you dont meed it :)

Thanks :) I have all the material pretty much down already which doesn't help as there's no real urgency to review again..

LOL at leaving your ipad at home! I've gone through 2 out of 4 chapters in my notes so taking an internet break, maybe bike ride too.

Good day/bad day today. Good day in that almost all the skaters I was partnering today passed :). Bad day in that I got in a lot of trouble from the judge :(. I'm still not sure exactly what I did wrong (I've been doing it exactly like that for the 9 years I've been partnering now and it's never ever been a problem before), nor do I think I deserved that condescending tone. I feel like I deserve a lot more respect than that, but I could be totally wrong.

Skating is almost done for a few weeks- I'm really looking forward to a bit of a break. Going to start really working out and lose some of the stress weight I've put on this year:o. Random question: Is there any way to decrease/slenderize/lengthen muscular thighs/butt? I've got thighs bigger than some speed skaters and I hate wearing shorts because of the way they look, but I have no idea how to make them more slender when the problem is because of the muscle (holy run on sentence batman!:rolleyes:). Any exercises/hints would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: *e-hugs Cerena* Hope you come up with a great plan/solution and that everything turns out well for you!

Good day/bad day today. Good day in that almost all the skaters I was partnering today passed :). Bad day in that I got in a lot of trouble from the judge :(. I'm still not sure exactly what I did wrong (I've been doing it exactly like that for the 9 years I've been partnering now and it's never ever been a problem before), nor do I think I deserved that condescending tone. I feel like I deserve a lot more respect than that, but I could be totally wrong.

Skating is almost done for a few weeks- I'm really looking forward to a bit of a break. Going to start really working out and lose some of the stress weight I've put on this year:o. Random question: Is there any way to decrease/slenderize/lengthen muscular thighs/butt? I've got thighs bigger than some speed skaters and I hate wearing shorts because of the way they look, but I have no idea how to make them more slender when the problem is because of the muscle (holy run on sentence batman!:rolleyes:). Any exercises/hints would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: *e-hugs Cerena* Hope you come up with a great plan/solution and that everything turns out well for you!

About legs... my view, somewhat but not completely. I met a former swimmer this weekend. He used to have to add patches to the side of his jeans to make them fit his legs. Now he still has very strong thighs/butt, but doesn't have that problem anymore. I would think doing more endurance based activities like "distance" running (as opposed to say, spinning) might help to keep the tone without adding to the mass. Biking you need to be careful... once again more endurance based without getting too much into power. Same with swimming. That's just what I've seen around me, maybe someone else will have a different suggestion.

You need to atrophy the muscle in your legs. Reducing overall bodyfat will help ( cant spot reduce) and basically stop doing all leg work period.

Its a tough battle to try and get smaller in just one area because anything you do diet related will affect your whole body. Losing weight, howver, will help.

You need to atrophy the muscle in your legs. Reducing overall bodyfat will help ( cant spot reduce) and basically stop doing all leg work period.

Its a tough battle to try and get smaller in just one area because anything you do diet related will affect your whole body. Losing weight, howver, will help.

It's risky to stop everything though since it'll tend to look flabby which is why I was suggesting endurance activities to stay lean (I guess it comes back to your point!). But yes it's atrophy in the end.. saw it with the 5+ lbs of shoulder mass I lost in 2.5 months.

It's risky to stop everything though since it'll tend to look flabby which is why I was suggesting endurance activities to stay lean (I guess it comes back to your point!). But yes it's atrophy in the end.. saw it with the 5+ lbs of shoulder mass I lost in 2.5 months.

The problem is muscle memory is real and comes back (and more) once you start training again.

I havent trained legs in a year with exception of here or there and my quads im sure are still 30+ inches *sigh*

The problem is muscle memory is real and comes back (and more) once you start training again.

I havent trained legs in a year with exception of here or there and my quads im sure are still 30+ inches *sigh*

lol I know what you mean about the *sigh* And it's not only muscle, your frame changes too. I might lose muscle mass in my shoulders, but my frame will never go back narrower. My sister hasn't swam in over 10 years, but her shoulders are still just as wide. Though personally if I stop doing weights but just run instead I lose a little bit of mass.

I'm resigned to the fact it'll stay that way, just gotta figure out what length of shorts to wear ;) As in anything *but* mid-thigh length!! :D

Archived