Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

lol I know what you mean about the *sigh* And it's not only muscle, your frame changes too. I might lose muscle mass in my shoulders, but my frame will never go back narrower. My sister hasn't swam in over 10 years, but her shoulders are still just as wide. Though personally if I stop doing weights but just run instead I lose a little bit of mass.

I'm resigned to the fact it'll stay that way, just gotta figure out what length of shorts to wear ;) As in anything *but* mid-thigh length!! :D

I've decided that i just dont care. As much as i'd like to compete again i think its not in the cards anymore due to my knee issues and frankly if im going into meds its prob not good on the body to weigh 295lbs while standing for 10, 12, 14+ hours a day lol

Time to try and look a little more normal and i got 4 years to make it happen :D

Good luck on your bio final today :)

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've decided that i just dont care. As much as i'd like to compete again i think its not in the cards anymore due to my knee issues and frankly if im going into meds its prob not good on the body to weigh 295lbs while standing for 10, 12, 14+ hours a day lol

Time to try and look a little more normal and i got 4 years to make it happen :D

Good luck on your bio final today :)

Thanks! Weights first, then doc visit, then final :D

I appreciate my body as it is now... shoulders are a pain to fit in clothes, but I worked for them lol! I was told this past weekend I look more feminine with the muscle loss, umph I miss my arms ;) There's no such thing as normal you know!

It's day 3 of the Down With Webster marathon. I thought it wouldn't be as bad as a single song on repeat, but I was wrong. At least with a single song, I only have to hear it for a day. I caught myself singing 'gtfo' in the shower this morning. Given that 3 days ago I had never heard the song before, I see this as an issue.

Rethinking some very important decisions in life right now.
♥ I really hope things work out this year.

♥ I really hope things work out this year.

Thanks, tok. And everyone else <3

I just need to get back to my normal self. Can't believe how hard that's been lately. Very difficult to think of yourself at all when family members are so sick or have recently passed. All I have to do is get my head together to write up these applications. I don't know why that's so difficult? At least I have a couple of months. Phew.

Random question: Is there any way to decrease/slenderize/lengthen muscular thighs/butt? I've got thighs bigger than some speed skaters and I hate wearing shorts because of the way they look, but I have no idea how to make them more slender when the problem is because of the muscle (holy run on sentence batman!:rolleyes:). Any exercises/hints would be greatly appreciated!

Yoga and stretching. Slimming and toning. All the stretching helps to lengthen muscle... I think. That's what I read in one of Leslie Kenton's books, she has a couple of yoga-y stretches she suggests for thigh slimming.

Yay bio class is over! No school for 2 months :D Worst case scenario I finish with 95 in the class (exams are multiple choice and answers are posted online), unless the exam jury decides some questions were too ambiguous/multiple answers and add points (happened on 4 questions on the midterm).

Also met my doc this morning to get my medical clearance for med school. She's so excited I got into med school lol! Said (with a wink) I should drop a word to my ortho when I see him next month as he's 1 of 8 ortho surgeons in a pretty strong ortho research group. Contacts can always come useful.

On another note, we decided I don't need to see her anymore for my shoulders unless something new develops :D

We're expecting a nice 3 solid days of rain now :(

Congrats Michelle :)

Yay bio class is over! No school for 2 months :D Worst case scenario I finish with 95 in the class (exams are multiple choice and answers are posted online), unless the exam jury decides some questions were too ambiguous/multiple answers and add points (happened on 4 questions on the midterm).

Also met my doc this morning to get my medical clearance for med school. She's so excited I got into med school lol! Said (with a wink) I should drop a word to my ortho when I see him next month as he's 1 of 8 ortho surgeons in a pretty strong ortho research group. Contacts can always come useful.

On another note, we decided I don't need to see her anymore for my shoulders unless something new develops :D

Congrats Michelle! Have fun in med next year! :)

Why did you need a VISA for a conference? I've been to hundreds of conferences and never needed one so im curious why you do :)

Hundreds of conferences? O.o

I'm a canadian permanent resident, not citizen, so cant enter the States without a visa.

Horrible news from the vet today.

I will miss my Jasmine very much.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. The bond between a person and their pet is very special, and I empathize greatly with your circumstances. Lets just hope that the memory of Jasmine will live on through you and all of the experiences you gathered together during her life.

Cheers.

So annoyed. Went to the library today to get some forced non-distracted studying done and it was so humid in there it drove me nuts so after 30 mins I just came home instead.

grumble!

Glad I'm not the only one disliking the weather here.

And *ehugs* C. ♥

Archived