Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought a bunch of things for my new siberian kit-kat, Persia (she will be here early August!) :)

- cat drinking fountain

- tons o' toys

- turboscratcher (came with catnip!)

- slicker brush

- claw clippers

Am I missing anything? I'm going to buy a mini cat tree today, laser pointer, and jewel studded kitten collar.

One of our friends told my bf yesterday, "You guys will never have children - just pets."

<_<

Probably.

Bought a bunch of things for my new siberian kit-kat, Persia (she will be here early August!) :)

- cat drinking fountain

- tons o' toys

- turboscratcher (came with catnip!)

- slicker brush

- claw clippers

Am I missing anything? I'm going to buy a mini cat tree today, laser pointer, and jewel studded kitten collar.

One of our friends told my bf yesterday, "You guys will never have children - just pets."

<_<

Probably.

Sounds good Cerena. :) My cats love their laser pointer. And I love the cat fountain and litter robot they have.

Nothing wrong with not having children and just having pets - that's what my husband and I are like. No children and no plans to have any.

Sounds good Cerena. :) My cats love their laser pointer. And I love the cat fountain and litter robot they have.

Nothing wrong with not having children and just having pets - that's what my husband and I are like. No children and no plans to have any.

I love kids (I'm thinking peds), but at this point have no desire to have them.

Yeah, Jasmine really loved her laser pointer. She was so smart though. After about 3 minutes of playing with it, she'd look at me like "I think this amuses you more than it does me. And I'm done entertaining you for today."

It's out of batteries! So I will be getting a new one today.

How much was the litter robot? I have a couple of litter boxes here but I know that the litter robot is self-cleaning. Sounds great!

^I want an awesome bundle of cuteness that is a siberian kitty. Then I will proceed to dress him up like Kyuby and together WE WILL RULE THE WORLD :D

Nya~

Don't worry Cerena. I used to think of kids as beginner programs. Then pets came along and that was a lot more fun :D

Hahaha aw mac, you're awesome. Don't worry, you'll get your little siberian soon enough. I love them - total fluffballs. And if you want one that is scheming/tries to take over the world, that's a definite possibility.

Nothing wrong with "only" having pets!! I don't know if I want kids (might help to find a boyfriend first ;) ), but I do know I want pets!! As soon as I have a house I'm getting my own beagle puppy as I'm more of a dog person, but kitties are so cute too!

AW! Beagles!!! I love them. At Canada Day there were so many pet owners with these cute little guys. They are great. I had a golden retriever. Very loyal pets.

Hahaha aw mac, you're awesome. Don't worry, you'll get your little siberian soon enough. I love them - total fluffballs. And if you want one that is scheming/tries to take over the world, that's a definite possibility.

AW! Beagles!!! I love them. At Canada Day there were so many pet owners with these cute little guys. They are great. I had a golden retriever. Very loyal pets.

Love golden retrievers too! Hmmm a cat scheming and trying to take over the world.. Cats & Dogs is one of my favorite movies :D

I love kids (I'm thinking peds), but at this point have no desire to have them.

Yeah, Jasmine really loved her laser pointer. She was so smart though. After about 3 minutes of playing with it, she'd look at me like "I think this amuses you more than it does me. And I'm done entertaining you for today."

It's out of batteries! So I will be getting a new one today.

How much was the litter robot? I have a couple of litter boxes here but I know that the litter robot is self-cleaning. Sounds great!

My boys are smart with the laser pointer too - they know that it's what produces the red dot - so they'll paw at the laser pointer as if to say "come on, make the red dot appear!" It's so cute. :)

The litter robot was pricey, but well worth it. I save on litter, litter box liners, the litterlocker I had, etc. I tried the Litter Maid automatic one, and it broke just after the warranty expired, so I really researched litter boxes and was impressed with what I read about the litter robot. It works great and it saves me a ton of hassle. Here's where I got mine: http://www.robotshop.com/ca/litter-robot-2-robot-litter-2.html

I got the more expensive bubble unit because of my one sensitive boy, so he can see out the other side when he walks into it. I use World's best cat litter (it's one of the all-natural clumping ones - made from corn) and it's just fantastic. No fuss, no mess. When I put in fresh litter I spray the inside of the dome with an anti-stick spray made for litter boxes, and it works like a charm. I empty the dome and wipe everything done with antibacterial wipes once a month (and then rinse it) to keep it clean. Other people mention they just power wash it every six months or so, but I don't have a power washer, so the wipes work just fine. I'm sure I could use soap and water, but the wipes just make it easier on me. ;)

My boys are smart with the laser pointer too - they know that it's what produces the red dot - so they'll paw at the laser pointer as if to say "come on, make the red dot appear!" It's so cute. :)

The litter robot was pricey, but well worth it. I save on litter, litter box liners, the litterlocker I had, etc. I tried the Litter Maid automatic one, and it broke just after the warranty expired, so I really researched litter boxes and was impressed with what I read about the litter robot. It works great and it saves me a ton of hassle. Here's where I got mine: http://www.robotshop.com/ca/litter-robot-2-robot-litter-2.html

I got the more expensive bubble unit because of my one sensitive boy, so he can see out the other side when he walks into it. I use World's best cat litter (it's one of the all-natural clumping ones - made from corn) and it's just fantastic. No fuss, no mess. When I put in fresh litter I spray the inside of the dome with an anti-stick spray made for litter boxes, and it works like a charm. I empty the dome and wipe everything done with antibacterial wipes once a month (and then rinse it) to keep it clean. Other people mention they just power wash it every six months or so, but I don't have a power washer, so the wipes work just fine. I'm sure I could use soap and water, but the wipes just make it easier on me. ;)

Thanks for the info, MR!

Considering how much it costs, and how much Persia will cost (considering she's purebred and will need to be spayed/gain two sets of booster shots), realistically I'm going to have to wait a little bit before getting the litter robot. It looks great though! And self-cleaning. I can definitely see it being a great investment in the future.

Thanks for the info, MR!

Considering how much it costs, and how much Persia will cost (considering she's purebred and will need to be spayed/gain two sets of booster shots), realistically I'm going to have to wait a little bit before getting the litter robot. It looks great though! And self-cleaning. I can definitely see it being a great investment in the future.

Oh, I can definitely understand that! Our two boys are purebred as well, so they were rather pricey, but well worth it to us. While I would have loved to have adopted cats from a shelter, my husband is horribly allergic to most cats, so we had to go with cats that don't make him sick, restricting us to a few breeds: Sphynx, Devon Rex, or Cornish Rex. All purebreds, and all not terribly likely to end up at shelters or in rescues, since almost all reputable breeders have a policy that they will take back a kitten if the family discovers they aren't the right cat/breed for them after all.

If/when you can afford it, though, I highly recommend the litter robot. After years of scooping litterboxes, it is so nice just to have to empty the tray that all the waste gets dumped into (which I line with a bag/liner, so it's just a matter of pulling it out and tying it up).

Oh, I can definitely understand that! Our two boys are purebred as well, so they were rather pricey, but well worth it to us. While I would have loved to have adopted cats from a shelter, my husband is horribly allergic to most cats, so we had to go with cats that don't make him sick, restricting us to a few breeds: Sphynx, Devon Rex, or Cornish Rex. All purebreds, and all not terribly likely to end up at shelters or in rescues, since almost all reputable breeders have a policy that they will take back a kitten if the family discovers they aren't the right cat/breed for them after all.

If/when you can afford it, though, I highly recommend the litter robot. After years of scooping litterboxes, it is so nice just to have to empty the tray that all the waste gets dumped into (which I line with a bag/liner, so it's just a matter of pulling it out and tying it up).

What breed are your boys? I know they claim that the siberian is hypo-allergenic. The funny thing is that I got Jasmine from a shelter. Her owners did not want to have her anymore. I'll never, ever understand why they gave her up and basically told the shelter they didn't want anything to do with her anymore. And, it is definitely possible that she had some sort of mix (who the heck would give up a siberian?! haha) but absolutely none of my friends with cat allergies were allergic to her. And I thought that was so neat. Considering how much of a fluffball she was. And her personality, and her appearance was entirely consistent with the siberian breed. I'll never know for sure. Maybe she was from an non reputable breeder that would not take her back. I just feel really lucky to have had her.

So... I have to change my blog name... I got a nasty letter from some guy who owns Medrunner. Some online prescription service.

Sucks, but I guess I'm big time now?

Med Runner

Med "space" Runner :D Put an underscore or dash in your blog name for the url.

I would just tell him to go suck an egg.

For real?? :(

But I agree it must mean you're big enough to threaten them now!

How about MedRunneR

seeee no problem at all :D

I have a feeling that it can't be anything close to medrunner.

I sent him an email saying I'd change it within 30 days so hopefully that will give me some time to think of something good.

As for telling him to go suck on an egg... he threatened with legal action in the first email he sent to me... I don't think it's a good idea to go after him. Besides, he has the name medrunner copyrighted so I would lose money, time and the name.

It's all good... I'll think of something.

I have a feeling that it can't be anything close to medrunner.

I sent him an email saying I'd change it within 30 days so hopefully that will give me some time to think of something good.

As for telling him to go suck on an egg... he threatened with legal action in the first email he sent to me... I don't think it's a good idea to go after him. Besides, he has the name medrunner copyrighted so I would lose money, time and the name.

It's all good... I'll think of something.

Not necessarily. It really depends on who had the name first? Previously organizations of mine attempted to sue for trademark infringement but those we went after had their name longer than we did. We tried scare tactics for them to give it up but knew we had no case should it have went to court. Usually we just offered them a sum of money for the domain.

Good luck.

Archived