Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think tomatoes are really toxic to cats...

My cat is totally not sensitive to caffeine whatsoever. He had about 50mg in his 9lb body, and nothing.

Don't ask me how I know this.

Ky, am I having deja vu or have you written about caffeine sensitivity and cats before?

Omg! I don't check this thread for a few days and I end up 8 pages behind! Lol!

Kyla- *big e-hugs* about your dog. I know how dedicated and loving you were towards her. She was truly blessed to have you as a part of her life and to be able to spend her last days in your company.

So I made a big trip down to Toronto this past weekend and managed to find a great place:D. Came back to Edmonton on Monday and I'm flying out again Friday- this time to stay. I managed to cram a ton of stuff into only 8 boxes (since I had/am having someone fly with me each time, I used their checked baggage as mine. So for the 8 boxes it'll come to $80 total (20 for each "over one bag limit)) Not too bad. Won't likely need a car since the location I'm at seems walking/biking/transit friendly. I'm getting SO very excited! But also so very nervous:o I'm glad I'm coming now though- I can take it easy/relax for a few weeks before classes start:)

Omg! I don't check this thread for a few days and I end up 8 pages behind! Lol!

Kyla- *big e-hugs* about your dog. I know how dedicated and loving you were towards her. She was truly blessed to have you as a part of her life and to be able to spend her last days in your company.

So I made a big trip down to Toronto this past weekend and managed to find a great place:D. Came back to Edmonton on Monday and I'm flying out again Friday- this time to stay. I managed to cram a ton of stuff into only 8 boxes (since I had/am having someone fly with me each time, I used their checked baggage as mine. So for the 8 boxes it'll come to $80 total (20 for each "over one bag limit)) Not too bad. Won't likely need a car since the location I'm at seems walking/biking/transit friendly. I'm getting SO very excited! But also so very nervous:o I'm glad I'm coming now though- I can take it easy/relax for a few weeks before classes start:)

Great news!! Love how you've been moving your boxes :D

Kyla, so sorry for your dog!

I had tears in my eyes when I read your post. It's so hard when your dog passes away, I know from experience.

I'm glad that you burried her in a forest, I think it's better than to leave her at the veterinarian clinic.

Oh and also, she was SO beautiful!

Yesterday I went to Calypso with some friends and we noticed that it was packed for a wednesday afternoon, so we just started following the crowd of excited looking people. Long story short, I got a picture with 3 of the Backstreet Boys and I felt like I was in elementary school again.

Yesterday I went to Calypso with some friends and we noticed that it was packed for a wednesday afternoon, so we just started following the crowd of excited looking people. Long story short, I got a picture with 3 of the Backstreet Boys and I felt like I was in elementary school again.

so nasty lol I got friends going to that concert tonight. Obviously they aren't real close friends or people with whom I hold their opinion in high regard given their musical choices.

Calypso is a good time. I enjoyed going last year. If I make it back to Ottawa before end of summer/start of school I may have to go :)

Today I'm unpacking in my new home. :)

cnb- like you, I've also been able to move by plane. Air North has a 100lb limit to checked baggage without going over. I hit 97lbs this trip. Awesome!

I need to buy a foam roller in Whitehorse, since it wouod have been a dumb thing to move. I also need a duvet cover, and a new pillow.

Today I'm unpacking in my new home. :)

cnb- like you, I've also been able to move by plane. Air North has a 100lb limit to checked baggage without going over. I hit 97lbs this trip. Awesome!

I need to buy a foam roller in Whitehorse, since it wouod have been a dumb thing to move. I also need a duvet cover, and a new pillow.

I've definitely come close to my weight limit on a few items. It's a good thing my mom only has her one carry on..... I need to use her other one for stuff that would have put my one box over weight! LOL!

I'll probably get there and go "omg why the hell did I bring this?!"

Last 16 hours in Edmonton for a while. I've been so sad saying by to everyone. :( It's been really hard. I just hope I'm doing the right thing..... *sigh*

Let the adventure begin I guess!

*cue music*

Just payed to reserve a beautiful Bengal, pretty pumped even though I am a dog person at heart(apartment only allows cats so I got the coolest looking and most dog-like cat I could find. They love water and can be taught to fetch and walk on a leash :) at least that's what all the google results tell me)

Wow! Those are awesome!

Will you have enough time to care for it? I think there's a bigger time commitment than most cats.

No worries Kyla, the cat is mostly for my wife :) she will have plenty of time for it. We met our cat yesterday for the first time, she's gorgeous.

She looks like this: http://www.google.ca/m/search?site=images&source=mog&hl=en&gl=ca&client=safari&q=bengal%20cat&sa=N#i=5

She was supposed to be a breeding female for a breeder but she is incapable of becoming pregnant. So she is breeding quality but didn't cost me the $3000 that the breeder paid for her and she is perfectly healthy otherwise ( it is very common for female Bengals to be infertile)

I just found out that a friend of mine, who's a roadie, that I haven't seen for a long time is coming to CU. They were really excited but they also thought I still went there. Why couldn't they come last year (i.e. why can't a band's tour schedule be better suited for my location)? :(

Just payed to reserve a beautiful Bengal, pretty pumped even though I am a dog person at heart(apartment only allows cats so I got the coolest looking and most dog-like cat I could find. They love water and can be taught to fetch and walk on a leash :) at least that's what all the google results tell me)

That's great, L. They look very exotic.

Siberians are also very dog-like in nature. They can fetch, walk on a leash, do tricks. Very cool. Jasmine was a siberian, and so is Persia.

Seriously though, having a cat that has dog-like attributes is just awesome. Especially if you consider yourself to be a "dog" person. I can see you impressing a lot of people with your unique Bengal when you take it out for walks. I would probably have to take a second glare to make sure a leopard was not on the loose! :D

I know someone with a Bengal. They are quite dog-like and the one I know is also very sweet/well-mannered. Quite intelligent as well.

Archived