Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those in Toronto - you gotta check out the CN tower edge walk. I did it yesterday and had a blast. I've been skydiving and base jumping for a few years now, but the edge walk is a different rush altogether.

on the bucket list as is skydiving but doubt skydiving will ever be a reality for me unless I end up with cancer as that's the only way I see myself hitting the 250lb weight limit lol

C & Kyla- I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you both this year. I'm sure yor apps are stellar and error free!

The "worrying about a new school" dreams have begun...

My dream today consisted of all 100 students + team leaders from Queen's O-Week going on some camping trip, shuttled by two big buses...and of course, everyone is taller than me (not too different from real life) and bigger than me, and for some reason, all seem to know exactly what's going on but me.

....and wouldn't you know it...we stop at some half-way town for food, and five or six of us get lost away from the bus (which happens to leave without us) and we're stuck in the middle of nowhere, trying to figure out where to go and how to get there with apparently no money, and all is horrible and lost and dark, and there are creepy diners and every public bus that comes by either doesn't stop or is some sort of ghost-bus.

ugh...two more weeks of weird-dream fun.

lol! Knowing my luck, this would probably happen in real life and I'd be one of the people who's stuck in the middle of nowhere.

C & Kyla- I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you both this year. I'm sure your apps are stellar and error free!

I second this. Best of luck to both of you Cerena and Kyla.

I'm prepping for a fitness conference in Toronto this week, and trying to figure out the best way to get to the Toronto convention centre - do I risk driving in downtown T.O. or do I take the train/GO Train/subway/public transit in general? Decisions, decisions... It's been over 10 years since I've actually driven in Toronto proper (as opposed to driving through it on the 401) so I have no idea what it's like downtown anymore.

I second this. Best of luck to both of you Cerena and Kyla.

I'm prepping for a fitness conference in Toronto this week, and trying to figure out the best way to get to the Toronto convention centre - do I risk driving in downtown T.O. or do I take the train/GO Train/subway/public transit in general? Decisions, decisions... It's been over 10 years since I've actually driven in Toronto proper (as opposed to driving through it on the 401) so I have no idea what it's like downtown anymore.

Oakville and GoTrain in.

You'll thank me for it later lol

http://www.veloce-skydive.com/pedagogie/uk.oa.html

During a jump with static line, the parachute is linked to the airplane. The static line opens the parachute without intervention of the student and regardless of his position. The student remains in freefall for three seconds, about 50 meters, before his main canopy gets completely opened. This time is sufficient enough for a student to experience the air pressure and become aware of his position until the full opening of his canopy.

Google is marvelous!

What is static line jumping, MR?

It's what is done by most people in the military. You are basically hooked onto a cable and when you jump out of the airplane, the static line automatically open the chute for you. That's a very simplified explanation. ;) So you are basically under canopy the entire time - no free fall. Whereas when I've done tandem jumping, you have quite a bit of free fall at the start, before your parachute opens.

It's what is done by most people in the military. You are basically hooked onto a cable and when you jump out of the airplane, the static line automatically open the chute for you. That's a very simplified explanation. ;) So you are basically under canopy the entire time - no free fall. Whereas when I've done tandem jumping, you have quite a bit of free fall at the start, before your parachute opens.

That sounds awesome.

For you Cerena, the Rule of Thumb is "If I won't let Persia do it, I won't do it." :D

Heading to Montreal for a quick vacation/break. Then final weeks ahead...

I actually have been so depressed these last few weeks to go back to school...it's my final year and I don't know if I can take much more of my faculty or its students. However, more project courses = more freedom to do what I want, except for stupid paperwork :( and have to finish my application as well...

Sometimes life is just so depressing. I just want to bury myself in 22 hour video game binges.

Anyhow, sorry for the rant, just frying my circuitry lately.

I want my own Persia to cheer me up >.<

Heading to Montreal for a quick vacation/break. Then final weeks ahead...

I actually have been so depressed these last few weeks to go back to school...it's my final year and I don't know if I can take much more of my faculty or its students. However, more project courses = more freedom to do what I want, except for stupid paperwork :( and have to finish my application as well...

Sometimes life is just so depressing. I just want to bury myself in 22 hour video game binges.

Anyhow, sorry for the rant, just frying my circuitry lately.

I want my own Persia to cheer me up >.<

Mac, I think your Montreal vacay is going to help a lot. You just need to press the RESTART button and you're going to be all good to go.

Re: going back to school for your last year, don't sweat it. One more year and that is that. You'll be all done your undergrad! Try to focus on doing your best. I just shook my magic eight ball and asked "Will Mac enjoy his last undergrad year" and it said, "YES."

I say take it.

Archived