Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's BENIGN!!!!

I knew it! I knew it! :)

Head of neurosurgery at UofA medical school looked at my sister's bf, opted not to perform the biopsy, and after careful examination and lots of care told him there is no urgency to remove the tumour, is benign, and to live life to the fullest!! It will be checked again in 6 months, but man are we relieved!

That's some amazing news!!

But what did he say about the seizures?

It's BENIGN!!!!

I knew it! I knew it! :)

Head of neurosurgery at UofA medical school looked at my sister's bf, opted not to perform the biopsy, and after careful examination and lots of care told him there is no urgency to remove the tumour, is benign, and to live life to the fullest!! It will be checked again in 6 months, but man are we relieved!

Oh my goddd what a relief. Hows he doing???

Thats great news Cerena :)

Up even earlier than normal today (and for the foreseeable future i think) to get started on my day and cram in more time for reading and studying. Less than a week in im already feeling the time pinch mainly due to my human physiology course and trying to catchup after MANY years removed from a science course.

Thank god for my ipad. I scan my texts to pdf and read while doing cardio to make more efficient use of time lol

Thats great news Cerena :)

Up even earlier than normal today (and for the foreseeable future i think) to get started on my day and cram in more time for reading and studying. Less than a week in im already feeling the time pinch mainly due to my human physiology course and trying to catchup after MANY years removed from a science course.

l

If you ever have any questions or need help with it I'd be more than happy to help. :)

And alot of the BA kids know less than you remember so atleast you're already ontop of half the class haha.

Yes, I had wondered if any medication would be prescribed...

Dilantin, his body has adjusted well to it over the week and a bit.

He's doing great, everyone. Haha how would you feel if it was like you had a second chance at a normal life? Pretty damn good! His seizures have stopped with medication.

The doctor prescribed this to him: stay on the dilantin, in a few months will try to reduce the dosage, and live the BEST life you can.

Pretty good prescription, if I must say :)

As for me, I feel very happy about this. Relieved. And, I have learned that positive thinking, the thing I've tried to do all my life, really helps you to get through things. I feel happy to be alive, as everyone should! And lucky in my own life to have such an awesome boyfriend I love to pieces!!

I think everyone's support here helped a great deal! You guys are so awesome for caring. I see there are lots of awesome future physicians here :)

O.M.G. our bioethics class this afternoon must have been the looooooooooooooooooooooongest 3-hour lecture ever!! Thing is it could be extremely interesting, but our teacher has this way of speaking too "nicely", and of using 10000 words to say nothing so I estimate at least 75% of the class was completely tuned out after 30 minutes, with many actually falling asleep. Good thing there's facebook!! ;)

O.M.G. our bioethics class this afternoon must have been the looooooooooooooooooooooongest 3-hour lecture ever!! Thing is it could be extremely interesting, but our teacher has this way of speaking too "nicely", and of using 10000 words to say nothing so I estimate at least 75% of the class was completely tuned out after 30 minutes, with many actually falling asleep. Good thing there's facebook!! ;)

SO TRUE

Most. boring. class. ever. =(

(well not SO boring since we had Facebook ;) )

Archived