Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Thanks guys! I am with rogers currently - wireless and internet, but sometimes i just don't like their customer service. :mad: and so was thinking of switching to bell! My wireless is pretty good, as is the internet. but sometimes the internet cuts out, they say it's the router.

what's the utility of a home phone? i keep getting deals offered to me for a home phone. and i feel that if i had it, i'd just give that no. to the library, shopping malls, or whosoever asks for a phone no. to whom i don't want to give out my cell phone no. to.

edit: but then that would also be more expensive. lol. ... so does anyone actually have a homephone these days??

My parents have the home phone + internet bundle with primus and it's not too bad. My friends out here have home phone just because cellphone reception on Vancouver Island is so spotting and unreliable.

If you don't have reception issues, I don't really see the point in having one. I've lived off my cellphone for almost 5 years now and I still pay my bills. make appointments and get in touch with people just fine! :)

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks guys! I am with rogers currently - wireless and internet, but sometimes i just don't like their customer service. :mad: and so was thinking of switching to bell! My wireless is pretty good, as is the internet. but sometimes the internet cuts out, they say it's the router.

what's the utility of a home phone? i keep getting deals offered to me for a home phone. and i feel that if i had it, i'd just give that no. to the library, shopping malls, or whosoever asks for a phone no. to whom i don't want to give out my cell phone no. to.

edit: but then that would also be more expensive. lol. ... so does anyone actually have a homephone these days??

I see you're in TO.... Try teksavvy (spelling?). They have decently priced bundles and if you price mine out compared to Rogers, you'd be paying more than double for half the service. They use the same lines as Rogers or Bell (Cable or HiSpeed respectively).

As for home phone, it really depends on what you want/need. If that's all you'd be using it for, I don't think it would be worth it. You could always give a fake number I suppose if you really wanted. See how many actually catch the 555 area code;)

Not exactly a good start to my research project after supervisor tells me that I had done the restriction digest inappropriately which I now have to redo, repurify, rerun on a gel, recut, repurify.. At least I caught it early on or else if it was 3 months later...dun dun dun. Lol. I think I should be paying more attention to what I'm doing than simply relying on my supervisor's instructions cause yes, they can be wrong sometimes *:eek: *

Farmer? :P

Done for the day.. microbio and some ideas for the socio paper. Now it's tv time for Grey's!

Yep. Farmer. I just finished reading the part about the history of Haïti... Kind of boring because of all the stats =/

Je trouve que la citation de socio est vraiment étrange... "La médecine ne sert à rien car le plus importants déterminants de la Santé sont des facteurs sociaux." Eum... NON?!

Yep. Farmer. I just finished reading the part about the history of Haïti... Kind of boring because of all the stats =/

Je trouve que la citation de socio est vraiment étrange... "La médecine ne sert à rien car le plus importants déterminants de la Santé sont des facteurs sociaux." Eum... NON?!

Je sais!! Si on dit oui qu'est-ce qu'on fait en med alors? lol

If its internet no doubt you have to go with TekSavvy. Only internet company to actually give a damn about their customers. Plus great prices.

Wireless I'd say never rogers, telus or bell. Never. Honestly just try public mobile or wind. Can't be too bad plus no contract so you can leave them.

Home phone definitely I don't think is necessary. Only reason I use my "home phone" (which is really a VOIP phone) is for long distance calls or to avoid air time on those days I skip class and stay at home. :D

Dear C.

Where are you? I need someone to tell me that Kurt is a smart guy and if he wanted the lead in a musical he wouldn't have really acted like that. He would have been a better actor and showed them how he could be an awesome Tony. I also need someone to tell me the writers aren't going to destroy his character.

From, your fellow Glee-watcher,

tok

P.S. I still don't like what they're doing to Quinn. I like it even less after she said her last line of the last episode.

Dear C.

Where are you? I need someone to tell me that Kurt is a smart guy and if he wanted the lead in a musical he wouldn't have really acted like that. He would have been a better actor and showed them how he could be an awesome Tony. I also need someone to tell me the writers aren't going to destroy his character.

From, your fellow Glee-watcher,

tok

P.S. I still don't like what they're doing to Quinn. I like it even less after she said her last line of the last episode.

TOK and C, as much as I love you both...

I think Kurt's character is really getting shafted...I caught up with the season so far, and I'm not sure how big of a role he will play.

Rachel never ceases to piss me off. Consistently. I hate her.

Quinn is still hot ;)

TOK and C, as much as I love you both...

I think Kurt's character is really getting shafted...I caught up with the season so far, and I'm not sure how big of a role he will play.

Rachel never ceases to piss me off. Consistently. I hate her.

Quinn is still hot ;)

I agree with you about the Kurt and Rachel comments. The Glee writers scare me.

Tok and mac,

I was so confused that Kurt chose a Striesand song to sing? I understand that he loves the song, but the fact he chose that for his audition? No one would get away with that.

I bet Chris Colfer just want to belt out a Striesand and show off his knif-spinning skills. Though, I heard that he had an injury in one of the first episodes and I'm guessing it was this one due to that contraption he was dancing in/around (he did a great job of that!).

Poor Blaine did such an awesome job and has to chose whether or not he takes the role.

I strongly dislike "Sugar." Pure annoyance, not even a tiny bit funny.

I LOVE Rachel. I don't care what anyone says. I think she's funny and personally I look forward every episode for that "WTF is Rachel Berry wearing?" moment.

Puck's plot was very cute (his little clownish drawing said "Too Beth").

Quinn is so up and down. But, I like it. I don't really pay attention to her that much. I watch her plot development, and every once in a while I go, "huh, ok."

Beiste+Pillsbury= yay :)

Im contemplating whether i should type the notes or write them... typing is kind of winning so far cos I don't even have a notebook for phys yet :P

I'm slacking when it comes to this class its terrible.

Do you have the course notes?

I can photocopy for you if you don't? Assuming you don't mind some chicken scratch written throughout already lol

Do you have the course notes?

I can photocopy for you if you don't? Assuming you don't mind some chicken scratch written throughout already lol

I do have course notes but not birots first lecture and apparently he doesnt post all the additional crap.. if you don't mind can you? If not, i'm sure the textbook covers it.

You are too nice lol.

I do have course notes but not birots first lecture and apparently he doesnt post all the additional crap.. if you don't mind can you? If not, i'm sure the textbook covers it.

You are too nice lol.

what he talked on Wednesday was basically right in the course notes.

Today, however, there were some pictures that weren't in the course notes but ARE in the textbook.

If you don't have the textbook, let me know and I'll scan those pages and email them to ya as a pdf.

what he talked on Wednesday was basically right in the course notes.

Today, however, there were some pictures that weren't in the course notes but ARE in the textbook.

If you don't have the textbook, let me know and I'll scan those pages and email them to ya as a pdf.

thanks so much for the offer but i have it :) just no readings yet.. my reading week will actually suck aha.

Archived