Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Soooo, can't do flexion of the back; can't move to the lateral side; feel this numbing pain around L2-3... and it is projecting towards my leg... Am I right to say this is a nerve problem?!

And if I try to pick something up from the ground, I need to flex my knees and keep my spine straight.... :(

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Soooo, can't do flexion of the back; can't move to the lateral side; feel this numbing pain around L2-3... and it is projecting towards my leg... Am I right to say this is a nerve problem?!

And if I try to pick something up from the ground, I need to flex my knees and keep my spine straight.... :(

Can you say crazy? Just the other day in kin104, McGill was talking about a patient who had exact symptoms as the ones you described...it got so bad that the patient's doctor wanted to amputate the leg..But fortunately McGill came in and saved the day :P

Done midterms and am feeling good...too bad that I can't relax yet, otherwise work will pile up like the leaning tower of pisa

Can you say crazy? Just the other day in kin104, McGill was talking about a patient who had exact symptoms as the ones you described...it got so bad that the patient's doctor wanted to amputate the leg..But fortunately McGill came in and saved the day :P

Done midterms and am feeling good...too bad that I can't relax yet, otherwise work will pile up like the leaning tower of pisa

Speaking of McGill, I should probably see him. He'd fix my back in a second. Which course are you taking with him... 427?

Btw, McGill always has some crazy cases. He's like "House".

Speaking of McGill, I should probably see him. He'd fix my back in a second. Which course are you taking with him... 427?

Btw, McGill always has some crazy cases. He's like "House".

I am in the first year course he teaches. Also, unless McGill takes his time to do a long consult, the general things he will say are: Fix your posture while sitting, and work your core with big three (curl ups, planks and bird dog) and finally spare the spine. (I know because I went for a consult XD)

McGill got the best job in the world as long as I am concerned. He gets to paid to do what he loves to do.

I am in the first year course he teaches. Also, unless McGill takes his time to do a long consult, the general things he will say are: Fix your posture while sitting, and work your core with big three (curl ups, planks and bird dog) and finally spare the spine. (I know because I went for a consult XD)

McGill got the best job in the world as long as I am concerned. He gets to paid to do what he loves to do.

Ah... Never mind. Haha.

True, but I've had this type of a back problem for a while. I used to play pro tennis and I have a feeling like it's a recurring injury... maybe disc herniation or impingement.

He's one of those smart ones - mixing clinical with research. Really... there's no point in doing research unless you're helping someone along the way.

I've missed so many pages of this thread in 1 week, and it'll take too long to read them all. So here's a post for all of you.

People who had good things happen: Yay!

People who had troubling things happen: ♥

People who had/have midterms: Good luck!

People I met at OMSW: You're all awesome.

Everyone else: Hi.

I've missed so many pages of this thread in 1 week, and it'll take too long to read them all. So here's a post for all of you.

LOL I'm going to start doing this too :D

Ah... Never mind. Haha.

True, but I've had this type of a back problem for a while. I used to play pro tennis and I have a feeling like it's a recurring injury... maybe disc herniation or impingement.

He's one of those smart ones - mixing clinical with research. Really... there's no point in doing research unless you're helping someone along the way.

You should really try the foam roller, it saved my back. Roll on thoracic region/avoid lumbar. It could entirely possible that your pain is caused to immobility of the thoracic spine/tight hips.

Trying to find a pair of leather riding boots (brown) that are under $100. Almost impossible.

Found a beautiful pair at Aldo online for $99; someone got them before me.

Found a pair on eBay from Clarks for $99; someone got them before me.

Grr.

Also; watching House makes me mad. "THE DIAGNOSIS IS OBVIOUSLY ______________. And why is their differential diagnosis making process SO WEIRD?"

Aww I love this!

Has anyone here tried one of those "detox" cleanse type things? You know, the ones where you're supposed to make a mixture of maple syrup, lemon juice, cayenne paper and something or other and just have that for a week?

I'm really intrigued if it actually makes you feel better/ has any sort of effect.

Has anyone here tried one of those "detox" cleanse type things? You know, the ones where you're supposed to make a mixture of maple syrup, lemon juice, cayenne paper and something or other and just have that for a week?

I'm really intrigued if it actually makes you feel better/ has any sort of effect.

Eat a lot of fibrous foods....beans, sunflower seeds, avocado, veggies and in a day or two you won't need a 'cleanser'. Drink a LOT of water too. :)

It's kind of pseudoscience, IMO. Your body is really good at detoxing itself- they're called the kidneys. :)

Anecdotally, I did do one about 10 yrs ago. I didn't finish it because I came down with a kidney infection! I was not impressed.

It's kind of pseudoscience, IMO. Your body is really good at detoxing itself- they're called the kidneys. :)

Anecdotally, I did do one about 10 yrs ago. I didn't finish it because I came down with a kidney infection! I was not impressed.

Ah...that doesn't sound too good. Well, there goes that idea. I've just been feeling icky and looking for something to help. And I wouldn't mind shedding some quick (temporary) water weight to fit into an old Hallowe'en costume either :P

Archived