Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Nutcracker was amazing last night!! I'm now home at my parents' sitting with my doggy by my side and a Christmas tree :)

My sister and I were thinking that if we find a good last minute deal, we might just fly south on a week holiday from the 27 to early Jan.. we'll see if it pans out otherwise I'll go back to Montreal and see my friends there.

I just love the nutcracker. I played the suite for a piano recital one year.. it was really fun.

Exam's are over! Let the break Begin!

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We'll see.. my sister doesn't have tons of money either, and I know I'm going on vacation with her and my mom sometime in May.. It's definitely a possibility though! It wouldn't be all bad to stay home and sleep for a week though ;)

You can do that on a beach. And offer to pay some of her way as a Xmas gift treat :)

Sorry, I can't go or do anything so I'm looking for as many people to live vicariously through lol. Though, I've be in St. Moritz, Whistler or Lake Louise if I had my way right now. Mmmmm boarding on powwwwwwderrrrrrrrr

On my cardiac surgery elective - You really don't have much free time in that field :) It is nothing but 14 hour days + call. Fun though!

please keep us updated. I just find cardiac surgery so fascinating. Well, I find most surgical stuff pretty damn fascinating but I do love watching heart surgeries online. Talk about making a true life-alerting impact on a person's life :)

You can do that on a beach. And offer to pay some of her way as a Xmas gift treat :)

Sorry, I can't go or do anything so I'm looking for as many people to live vicariously through lol. Though, I've be in St. Moritz, Whistler or Lake Louise if I had my way right now. Mmmmm boarding on powwwwwwderrrrrrrrr

This would most surely send me straight to the ER with multiple broken bones :P The only winter sport I'm decent at is cross-country skying, and I haven't skied in over 15 years haha. Next winter if my shoulders agree I'm buying new equipment to start again.

Funny how certain times of the year bring back various memories.

My mom used to work two jobs when i was younger and one of them wasas a nurse as a part-time position at a facility for handicapped people. I used to love going there to visit. The people always seemed to be the happiest people in the world despite their conditions.

When i think back, growing up with interactions like that is probably one of the reasons i try not to complain much. Those people couldnt take care of themselves, needed people to help wash or feed them and many had families who shunned them yet always a smile on their face, laughter in voice and love in their hearts compared to the people who complain over a hang nail, a cold or a bad mark.

I think everyone should have to spend time with people like that to truly know what it means to have problems.

"Like" button. :)

Alrighty! All xmas dinner purchases have been made.

Rosemary turkey, savoury mashed potatoes, apple-sausage-sage stuffing with toasted pine nuts (other crap too but thats all i care about lol)

Homemade brandy-apple crumble and red velvet cake.

Store bought ice cream *sigh*

I think I mentioned this last year, but this cake was a hit:

Lindt dark chocolate truffle cake

http://www.lindt.com/ca/swf/eng/connoisseurs/recipes/dark-light-truffle-cake/

I'll be making again this year for the kids at the drop-in centre, but I'm omitting the white layer. I couldn't get it to work last year and it'll be just as nice without it. :)

And... I have figured out what to get my little nieces. They have so much stuff coming from the other family members that I wanted to just get them something small as a shared gift. This is perfect- the Fisher-Price medical kit! :D

I think my 3-yr-old niece will like the stethescope. She liked playing with my real one, at least. :rolleyes:

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=10&e=product&pid=35175

And I wanted to go see it next week :/ You're making me reconsider...

If you can you should go see the dubbed European version. I was really well done, and all three movies were made. I remember watching the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo one weeking and liking it so much I rented the next two movies for the following weekend.

If you can you should go see the dubbed European version. I was really well done' date=' and all three movies were made. I remember watching the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo one weeking and liking it so much I rented the next two movies for the following weekend.[/quote']

I have a feeling I've seen it for some reason.. I read all 3 books in the span of a week, movies generally aren't as good but I was hoping this one would be good even though the preview left me pretty cold when I saw it.

I'll look for the dubbed versions of the 2nd and 3rd movies for sure though!

Archived