Premed 101 Forums

Special Consideration?

Hi,

I am applying next year for UA, I was going over the web site and I came across Special Consideration. What is this category? Has anyone else applied for it this year or years before? If you get your special consideration, is it true that it is an automatic interview? Are you in a different application pool?

THanks a lot,

Samanth

Special consideration is for those people who feel they have extenuating circumstances they need to explain to the admissions committee...for example, if you were sick and in the hospital for a year while still taking classes therefore your GPA was lower for those two semesters....or if your university made some mistake with alotting credits therefore you didnt have a full 30 credits or to explain a course withdrawal or something like that. Whatever your reasoning, it has to be very good and very well explained (you have to write a detailed letter)....I do not believe you are put into a different application pool...special consideration is more of a means to allow your application to move further along the admissions process instead of simply being discarded at first glance. Also, it is not true that you get an automatic interview...I know a couple people who didn't get an interview after applying with special consideration.

hope that helps.

Archived