Premed 101 Forums

Declining Offer of Admission

Lol you may have missed the boat....

there are plenty of pm101 users that exist for may 15th only and once accepted somewhere are never seen again...

I'm sure there are plenty of decliners, just none coming around here...

Plus to decline that means you have multiple offers. If you have multiple offers there is a good chance you are now (in the standard neurotic premed way) carefully evaluating the schools and not really commiting to one until closer to the deadline. Why would we people stop overthinking things now?

Don't take it to mean there will be no movement :)

I'm a year too late to be declining an offer (though I can't tell you how much I would like the option of declining to write my exams...)

BUT I nevertheless have good news for all of you waitlisters/future applicants:

http://communications.uwo.ca/com/media_newsroom/media_newsroom_stories/announcment_of_new_medical_school_spaces_20090520444323/

That's great news. god forbid I don't get into Queen's this year off the waitlist, but maybe this might drive away that 11 in BS that screwed me this year lol...

Bring back 10,10,10! Symmetry is much nicer anyway.

I'm a year too late to be declining an offer (though I can't tell you how much I would like the option of declining to write my exams...)

BUT I nevertheless have good news for all of you waitlisters/future applicants:

http://communications.uwo.ca/com/media_newsroom/media_newsroom_stories/announcment_of_new_medical_school_spaces_20090520444323/

lol eff just missed this, I was right in the area too...

good news though, is it just windsor getting bigger or the london campus too, happy to hear it either way.

The rankings are already made.... the Swomen's have got the bonus they're getting already....

If the next X spaces on the waitlists are Swomen, they'll take Swomen applicants if they're non-Swomen then they'll take non-Swomen applicants.

How one can on the Western waitlist can make new spots for September seem like bad news is beyond me.....

lol I sit on the Queen's waitlist and they've been given extra spots years ago but won't grow the class because they don't have the facilities...

Wait wait wait. So you are telling me that they just decided to take 12 more people for next year? are you serious?

Sorry for being skepbtical, i learned in admissions there is only grim news and grimmer news.

it seems to be that way!

Wait wait wait. So you are telling me that they just decided to take 12 more people for next year? are you serious?

Sorry for being skepbtical, i learned in admissions there is only grim news and grimmer news.

First bit of good news I have heard in a awhile, but yeah it is so :)

Looks like 12 very happy people are about to moved off of the waitlist!

Archived