Premed 101 Forums

anyone waitlisted?

Guest CLYL

Guest CLYL

Did anyone out there receive something other than an offer? My letter didn't specifically say "wait list" and I'm not sure what to make of it...(I find that the UT letters never seem very friendly :rolleyes )

Also, if any of the moderators has any idea of how long the list is at UT, I would love to get some idea of my chances of getting off it! Thanks a lot!!

Guest whenwillithappen

Hi,

I was also waitlisted. The letter states that my file will be kept until openings appear.

From what I've heard the waitlist at UofT moves quite slow. Maybe 40-50 move from the waitlist to being offered admissions.

Guest CLYL

Hey,

thanks for the info...but from the sound of it, it doesn't seem like we have that great a chance (unless we're near the top of the list)...

well, i wish you the best of luck comes the 3rd week of june! may we both receive good news that week :)

Guest cheech10

Many from the waitlist got in last year, but I don't know the exact number. A lot of the movement was around the start of July, when conditional offers became finalized and a number of spots opened up.

Guest medwant2b

Here are some threads from last year:

At the end of the summer:

pub125.ezboard.com/fpreme...=291.topic

At the beginning of the summer:

pub125.ezboard.com/fpreme...=271.topic

pub125.ezboard.com/fpreme...=1&stop=20

Some info on years past (off the top of my head):

If the waitlist is like last year it is pretty big. An admissions officer told me last year it is approximately 150 people.

In a presentation by admissions (at the U of T Medicine Open House) in 2002 it was stated that in the previous year (2001) U of T had approximately 450 interviewees and 198 seats. To fill the class they had to make 271 offers.

If things are similar to years past, I reckon the odds are about 50-50.

(150-(271-198))/150 ~= 0.5 (assumes 198 offers made initally)

I was waitlistee last year... things unfortunately didn't have a happy ending then.

med2b

Received news from U of Toronto this morning -- waitlisted! Were rejections also sent out post-interview?

Has the Admissions Office disclosed the exact size of the waitlist this year? One final question -- were 198 acceptances mailed this week? (I read somewhere else that Toronto typically sends 240 acceptances on May 30, assuming that ~40 applicants will choose other schools.)

The wait continues... Good luck everyone!

Archived