Premed 101 Forums

OSAP funding

I think it depends on your situation (not sure if they look at parental income still) but on your income, assets, savings etc

I have another related question - when do we start applying for OSAP? Also, when do we receive the tuition statements? I need those to arrange for a student line of credit.

Does anybody have a recommendation for which LOC from which bank? I looked into RBC today, not sure if they are all the same. The rate is prime +1.

BMO has prime rate. check it out : http://www4.bmo.com/personal/0,2273,35649_36829,00.html#professional

What is the maximum OSAP funding the OSAP will issue? Is there a limit on OSAP funding? Is it $10,000 or something?

according to their calculator it is about 13500-14000 for the first year (40 weeks of school). You are forgiven for a good chuck of that, so maximizing it if you can seems like a good idea!

I think it depends on your situation (not sure if they look at parental income still) but on your income, assets, savings etc

I have another related question - when do we start applying for OSAP? Also, when do we receive the tuition statements? I need those to arrange for a student line of credit.

Does anybody have a recommendation for which LOC from which bank? I looked into RBC today, not sure if they are all the same. The rate is prime +1.

All banks should give you prime right now. You have to go talk to them in person though. Don't go for anything that is more than prime.

• 2 months later...

Archived