Premed 101 Forums

Is GPA calculated on grades from 15 years ago also?

Hello everyone. I have a quick question that the University has not gotten back to me on at all?

15 years ago I took some university courses. Due to personal reasons I flunked most of them without withdrawl. Think I might have passed one or two.

My question is....with my new undergrad degree in process 15 years later.....will these previous grades from 15 years ago influence my GPA....or will I have a clean slate?

Is there any pitfalls to avoid? Or should I enroll in another university.

Thank you to all who can help with my question

k

Hello everyone. I have a quick question that the University has not gotten back to me on at all?

15 years ago I took some university courses. Due to personal reasons I flunked most of them without withdrawl. Think I might have passed one or two.

My question is....with my new undergrad degree in process 15 years later.....will these previous grades from 15 years ago influence my GPA....or will I have a clean slate?

Is there any pitfalls to avoid? Or should I enroll in another university.

Thank you to all who can help with my question

k

Many schools will consider them still unfortunately, but there are also numerous schools that will ignore them as well. ottawa, queens, western, and nosm in Ontario for starters have great ways of not have them considered. With a full new full time UG Toronto will likely drop the vast majority of them as well - and were you full time when you took these courses and for how long where you in school? Is your new degree at the same university as the old work you did? You can also consider petitioning those courses to be removed if there is a reasonable reason do so perhaps? Takes some arguing but it can be done. Some schools out of Ontario will also let you petition to exclude them completely (BC comes to mind).

There are options for sure if you starting a new degree :)

Archived