Premed 101 Forums

which school?

Where do you want to practice? If you want to practice in Canada, save your money and go to school here. You will have an easier job matching in Canada with a Canadian education. If you might want to practice in the US, McGill has an excellent reputation. You can enjoy cheap tuition (42K for 4 years!), live in an amazing city, and still have a good shot in the US.

They're all great schools. I would stay in Canada unless you know for sure that you want to practice in the US. I would choose based on finances and personal preference. I was choosing between my top schools and at the end of the day I chose one based on where I wanted to live and do my residency.

Just telling us which schools you are choosing between doesn't give enough information. You should speak to people who know you well and they will probably have better insight. If you have specific questions about either of the Canadian options, post them here and I'm sure they'll be answered.

I'm also holding a spot at Northwestern and was all set to go there but just got offered a spot at MUN and I'm not sure what to do. I'm from Ontario and I'm not 100% sure whether I would like to practice in Canada or the US.

It is also considerably more cost effective (while you are making up your mind).

Archived