Premed 101 Forums

Which physics to take?

Hey, I'm new to this forum and just have a question about which physics would be better suited for the MCAT. FYI, I'll be attending McMaster in the fall for Life Sciences. As part of the program requirements, I have to take a one physics. One physics is for those who didn't take Grade 12 Physics, while the other is if you did take Grade 12 physics. 1L03 is the one for those without Grade 12 Physics, while 1B03 is for those who have taken Grade 12 Physics. Here are the course descriptions:

PHYSICS 1L03 - PHYSICS OF LIVING SYSTEMS

Physical models describing biological systems are introduced. Topics include biomechanics, light and vision, fluid, energy, and mass transfer and their interaction with or use by biological systems.

PHYSICS 1B03 - MECHANICS AND WAVES

Mechanics of a point particle, emphasising work and energy. Fluids. Simple Harmonic Motion and Waves, including properties of sound and light waves, interference and diffraction.

I am wondering whether or not taking PHYSICS 1B03 would be beneficial to me if I were to take the MCAT or would the first physics suffice?

Archived