Premed 101 Forums

Prereqs after a degree?

Hi,

I just finished my BSN and am considering going to medicine. I would need to complete all of my pre-reqs (chem, bio, phys, etc).

Anyone ever heard of someone finishing their degree, and then doing their pre-reqs for med schools? What are the chances in your opinions?

Why not send off a concise email to several admissions depts of med schools of potential interest. If you take the pre-reqs this coming academic year, I would imagine, you should be a go. If you intend to take any of these courses by distance learning, let them know. Good luck!

Why not send off a concise email to several admissions depts of med schools of potential interest. If you take the pre-reqs this coming academic year, I would imagine, you should be a go. If you intend to take any of these courses by distance learning, let them know. Good luck!

Hi,

I did just what you plan on doing, and I've met quite a few people going back to school just to complete the prereqs. Its doable!! Just be sure to get a list friom every Uni you apply to because their real life requirements can differ than the ones they have on paper!!!!

good luck

Be careful in how you go about doing this as well. I think you can run into problems if you don't set up a 'special year' right. Rmorelan would know more about this, since I think it pertains directly to Western, but just keep an eye out on it.

Archived