Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites...

Guest Biochem10

biochem10, a friend of mine was told by Sandy that each interview is scheduled for 30 minutes, so it makes sense that the last morning interview would be at 11:45, in time for lunch at 12:15. There aren't all that many of us (supposedly they interview between 20 and 25 people for the MD/PhD program, so it's 10-13 or so people each weekend), so I'm sure they schedule things so everyone can make it!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kirsteen

Hi lacasse,

I received your message and tried to respond a couple of times, but no luck as I'm repeatedly asked to login yet it doesn't seem to recognize my username and password. (You can tell that I'm a big private messager. :) ) I'd be happy to help you...

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Biochem10

Thanks peachy for the info, I'm happy that I'll be able to attend the lunch, I was looking forward to meeting the other candidates and current MD/PhD students. They interview 20-25, those are pretty good numbers considering they may be accepting up to 10 students. At McGill they interviewed 20, but they only accept 3.

Guest Biochem10

Well, it says on the website that they have between 4-5 in each year, but someone in this year's medical class said that there's 7 in the class. I'm not sure if they'll accept up to 10, but they don't have a cap on how many they accept which is good. McGill's does have a cap of 3, so even if they have more than 3 qualified candidates, they won't accept more.

Ah, I see.

I agree - it is nice to know at U of T that we are not competing against eachother, but rather competing against ourselves, since they'll take basically as many applicants as they think are good!!

Guest DonaldKaufman

I have not heard anything either way from U of T yet - is anyone in the same boat as me? Should I be worried? I'm hesitant to call the admissions office and bug them...:rolleyes

Guest whenwillithappen

I haven't heard anything either. Adjusted UofT OMSAS GPA 3.84 MCAT 10,12,13,Q...I think my essay was ok.

Starting to get slightly worried, but until I don't get a rejection, I'm hanging tight.

Guest dhowser

if I call up, will they tell me if I have an interview or not? I would like to schedule it (if I have one) with my other interview on the same round trip...

Guest BCgirl

Chieka,

I'm assuming he/she probably just figured it out by dropping the appropriate number of courses and then calcuating the GPA.

dhowser,

You're not in grade school are you? Doogie? Because if you're under fifteen and applying to med school I might just lose it for good! :lol

If I remember correctly from last year, the admissions committee is pretty nice about letting you know any information they have, and very helpful on the phone.

On the one hand they'll probably let us know as soon as they make their decisions!?. :rolleyes However, on the other, your desire to schedule your interview with others is as good a reason as any for contacting them. I say give them a call. It can't hurt to ask.

Matt

Guest dhowser

Hey thanks for the info matt...I will give them a call!

Now for an explanation on my name. No I'm not 15 but my name does have to do with doogie howser. My last name is Dewji....so since I'm the only pre-med student in my group of friends, they decided to call me dewji howser!

Zam

Guest multifish

It's strange...I read this board compulsively, two or three times a day, and yet it makes me feel racked with nervousness and unease, especially when I realize how many other people are having heart attacks alongside me.

Guest whenwillithappen

Since I'm in fourth year, I dropped my three worst full credit course marks (or 6 worst half courses) and then averaged the remaining marks.

hey dhowser,

When u called the admissions office, did they let u know if u have an interview or not? I haven't heard from UofT yet, but I'm already flying out to Queen's and UWO from BC and I don't want to have to fly out 3 times. I'm hoping if I get an interview at UofT, they'll let me come on one of those weekends.

Archived