Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites...

Guest Biochem10

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cheech10

I don't know about "ranking" GPA's. The actual evaluation of files remains a mystery. Maybe I'll know more next year when I'm actually involved in it. My specultion follows:

They don't need exact precision in the evaluation at this stage, just enough to get down to a reasonable number of interviews. Once ALL the interviews are completed, they may go back and assign individual scores for each section, they may look at it holistically, I don't know. But I don't think any ranking is done until that final stage.

My MD/PhD invite says "Your interview for medical school is being arranged for the same weekend. You will be getting a package directly from the Medical Admissions office with complete details in the next few days" ... so I assume the MD invites will be coming very soon? It's already been a week.

Guest Namgalsip

I've been lurking around these boards for a very long time, religeously reading each and every post. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post and provide a life-line for us doctor wannabe's.

I have received my UofT interview invite in the mail yesterday...small envelope..scared me at first. My interview is on Feb. 28th. Will anyone else on this forum be joining me? :lol

Nams

Guest ekimike

Nams,

Congratulations! I also received my interview invite last night for February 28th. I have another interview already scheduled for that day, but I think that I should be able to reschedule it. I was also scared by the small envelope...but of course, pleasantly surprised. Good luck, and perhaps we'll run into each other on the 28th.

-ekimike

Guest bluesky125

Good luck everyone ! Feel free to ask any questions about the interviews or about the city.

Yah! :) I am finally finished all my exams ! So relief!

Guest doctorfunk

I checked my mail pile this morning and got the thin-envelope invite. It's dated January 27th, and my interview is on Sun March 2nd.

The letter outlines the day's events and requests for you to bring 2 passport photos. You must confirm your attendance asap, otherwise your spot will be offered to another candidate.

Good luck to everybody!

Guest Valani9

Congrats on those invites.

I have a question:

Are all of the invites being sent out this year at once? ie. If we don't hear in the next week or so, then does that mean that we didn't get an interview?

I ask because:

I applied with a course load problem, so I wrote a letter, and was told (unofficially) that I would be granted the weighting system. If my application is processed with the system, then I think (I hope) that I should have a good chance (though I know there are other factors). Basically, if there is any chance that my letter was overlooked, or disregarded, then I want to try to get on that as soon as possible.

Any info is welcome. Thanks.

Guest Shahenshah

valani9--honestly..you are better off clearing something like that directly with UofT since no one really knows how the adcoms process the apps except that they do so in batches..

Guest UWOMED2005

In past years, U of T send their interviews out in batches, including some batches in late April/early may. Not sure of this year, but I would expect things would be the same.

Guest Namgalsip

Hey Valani9,

I also had to write that letter due to a coarse load issue. I assume they have looked at it before offering me an interview but I have no formal indication that they have.

Nams

Guest Valani9

Thanks,

Well - I guess it is likely that they read your letter. So hopefully they read mine as well.

I would enquire directly with the school - but I think it's a little early to assume that all invitees have heard. (ie. because invites usually go out over the course of a couple of months).

I'll wait a couple of weeks. Thanks for the input.

Cheers

Guest soapeck

hi there,

i just discovered this site. i applied to toronto and meet the cutoff but have not heard anything from the school yet. i heard some people already got invites. should i be worried?

when will they tell you for sure that you are not invited for the interview?

Last year I heard that I was not going to be interviewed in the second week of May. I know the wait sucks, but it is not over yet, last year they sent out interviewinvites in batches.

Guest Isolda115

Hi guys,

this is a wondeful forum and i congratulate the moderators for keeping it so informative. i will share some good piece of news i got yesterday from the admissions office at u of t by phone. the lady said that interview invitations are sent in batches within the next 2 months, so only those invited for the first round would have heard by now. and she also said that MOST LIKELY, ( note: not for sure) rejections have been all sent out last week. Not sure if this means that if we dont hear soon then we have an invitation or what, but it looks like it. question: has anyone received rejections on this forum? please post.

good luck to all

A

I think they read the applications in batches, so any rejections received in the next few days would only be for those applications they've evaluated already...

Guest TimmyMax

Hey all,

Just to share what I learned last night talking with Bill Gregg and Leslie Taylor- UT is holding three interview weekends this year- one at the end of February, one in March and one in April, so hopefully last year's late-notification fiasco will be avoided altogether. They are probably going to review the applications in batches like they did last year, so if you haven't heard yet, don't despair- maybe you're in another batch that hasn't been reviewed yet! :)

Best of luck!

Timmy

Archived