Premed 101 Forums

UWO admissions are out

status of admission is on student center page. So those in UWO can check it. I have confirmed it. The meeting was today and they will send notifications soon. So happy, saved from the process of applications to USA as applied only at UWO this year (was in second year) and got accepted.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My status has also changed to 'Offered Admission'...but I don't want to get too happy until I actually receive an email.

Did you try to accept the offer? I called someone who is in the committee and she confirmed that meeting was today and they sometimes take time to send out invitations.

Did you try to accept the offer? I called someone who is in the committee and she confirmed that meeting was today and they sometimes take time to send out invitations.

Hey Kittyp, I know you said you are second year....but were you a doctor beforehand (I think I recall you saying this in one of your posts) and then you went back to school? I am just trying to get a read on if maybe they prefer younger students or maybe people with lots of experience.

Hey Kittyp, I know you said you are second year....but were you a doctor beforehand (I think I recall you saying this in one of your posts) and then you went back to school? I am just trying to get a read on if maybe they prefer younger students or maybe people with lots of experience.

Yeah you are right. I did MD before but that's not from Canada. I did practice in Medicine for few years but then something happened that made me interested in dentistry more. Regarding their preference I think UWO has very objective method for selection. They just see your RC&AA of DAT, best 2 years marks and interview score. I don't think being young or having experience has any advantage at UWO.

Yeah you are right. I did MD before but that's not from Canada. I did practice in Medicine for 6 years but then something happened that made me interested in dentistry more. Regarding their preference I think UWO has very objective method for selection. They just see your RC&AA of DAT, best 2 years marks and interview score. I don't think being young or having experience has any advantage at UWO.

I would agree. All sorts of people get accepted into UWO...people with 2 years undergrad, then other people with many more years of schooling.

wait. Blank = rejected?

I thought it meant wait listed

well to be honest...i dont know...it could mean rejection or waitlist (wait...does everyone who is not accepted get placed on waitlist?)...all i can guess is that acceptances have been tagged

As of right now, no one knows for sure that the blanks mean. So I'd suggest not spending any energy dwelling on it. Chances are, they're either slow on the upload for non-Western students or you're on the waitlist.

If it's the latter, I'll guarantee that the WL will move up by one cuz i'll drop it (if i get a spot ha ha )

One more explanation for blank is they haven't make decision yet for graduate students because we know June 20 is the deadline for them to submit their thesis. This should affect other graduate students who had submitted thesis or received the degree.

This is my guess though and it is my hope. ( I do want to stay at Western)

Archived