Premed 101 Forums

Is the medical profession right for me?

binbin

Do whatever ya like, but please, stop posting. You have enough answers already -- and about the whole, "I like East Asia and its warm, happy people - unlike Canada" thing, then go back home. Hell, I'll even carry your luggage and make sure you don't miss the flight you annoying ... *bleep*

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do whatever ya like, but please, stop posting. You have enough answers already -- and about the whole, "I like East Asia and its warm, happy people - unlike Canada" thing, then go back home. Hell, I'll even carry your luggage and make sure you don't miss the flight you annoying ... *bleep*

Canada's also a country with free speech. If you don't like it maybe you should gtfo.

I think you've pretty much got all you can expect from these forums in terms of input.

If you feel this confused about choosing a career I think there are two things that can be done

1) Get some professional career advice

2) Just try things out dude, I'm reading a book called intern right now, the author was from a traditional indian family and decided to goto med school after a phD in physics, anyways I thought a good quote was, unlike India, in america your life is not set in stone once you turn 21.....(u can do something else if you don't like econ, finance, even meds)

I think you've pretty much got all you can expect from these forums in terms of input.

If you feel this confused about choosing a career I think there are two things that can be done

2) Just try things out dude, I'm reading a book called intern right now, the author was from a traditional indian family and decided to goto med school after a phD in physics, anyways I thought a good quote was, unlike India, in america your life is not set in stone once you turn 21.....(u can do something else if you don't like econ, finance, even meds)

(10 characters):)

currently on my nightstand, Dampy!

yo binbin, chill a bit...

go get drunk with ur friends...

If you really want practice medicine, aim for medicine...for your own reasons despite the things other people tell you...

btw, Smart people make smart decisions...the wisest men follow their own direction. it seems that u r bright (since you think high school was so easy) ...but did u make any good decisions..yet? are you doing what you enjoy yet? are you confident about yourself yet?

think about it, and you will be fine

I know in the states a lot of programs used to be about 100-120 hrs/wk, but then the governing body (AAMC?) limited that to 80. Johns Hopkins broke it at first, but the AAMC threatened to take away their accreditation, lol. Imagine JHU as an unaccreditation, no better than stewart university.

I know in the states a lot of programs used to be about 100-120 hrs/wk, but then the governing body (AAMC?) limited that to 80. Johns Hopkins broke it at first, but the AAMC threatened to take away their accreditation, lol. Imagine JHU as an unaccreditation, no better than stewart university.

First off, stewart is not real. Secondly, residency programs get away with going over 80hours/week by forcing the residents to only report 80.

Archived