Premed 101 Forums

Where to do undergrad (Canada or the US)

I dont know..he might get through. Some people can hide their true natures pretty well at an interview. However, from what I've read in this thread, I dont think he has the aptitude required to be a doctor, based on how he talks to people he's asking for help. Dont bite the hand that feeds you.

meh... I've been in your position before as I said. If I were you, I won't be too sure about getting into American schools and Mac health sci. I was so sure I would get in anywhere in the states and Canada. Well, too bad, it didn't happen.

As someone said, if you want to go to a Canadian medical school and practice in Canada, you should go to Mac Health sci, assuming you get in. It's like one seat for every 20 people, sort of like Ivy league school admissions. However, as far as I understand it right, going to Mac Health sci does not prevent you from getting into Ivy med schools. There have been several people from health sci going to those. I can clarify more about health sci program after september as I will be going into first year.

If you want to go to an American one, maybe going to one of the ivies would give you better chances. However, unless you get a full ride, it costs a lot. That's why I ended up not going there. Another option for american education is to go to a liberal arts college. I heard that they prepare you well as a medical school applicant. But, they still cost as much as the ivy ones lol.

So it's up to you. If you are super smart to get a full ride or your parents are rich enough to pay for it, why not go to the south. If you are in my situation, maybe it's a better idea to stay in Canada, because there's no point of wasting $$$$ in undergrad (Yeah, I wasn't smart enough to get scholarships).

I'd feel bad for his patients.

LOL...sorry, my biggest pet peeve on these boards is when someone says that a random stranger on the board will make a terrible/amazing doc or that they "feel bad for their patients."

Honestly, you could be a douche on the boards and an amazing doc, or the other way around.

I dont know..he might get through. Some people can hide their true natures pretty well at an interview. However, from what I've read in this thread, I dont think he has the aptitude required to be a doctor, based on how he talks to people he's asking for help. Dont bite the hand that feeds you.

I'd feel bad for his patients.

:P (10 characters)

LOL...sorry, my biggest pet peeve on these boards is when someone says that a random stranger on the board will make a terrible/amazing doc or that they "feel bad for their patients."

Honestly, you could be a douche on the boards and an amazing doc, or the other way around.

I guess you're right :). I'll retract that statement, but this you do have to admit though that this thread is a bit ridiculus.

Lovely answer! God bless you!

meh... I've been in your position before as I said. If I were you, I won't be too sure about getting into American schools and Mac health sci. I was so sure I would get in anywhere in the states and Canada. Well, too bad, it didn't happen.

As someone said, if you want to go to a Canadian medical school and practice in Canada, you should go to Mac Health sci, assuming you get in. It's like one seat for every 20 people, sort of like Ivy league school admissions. However, as far as I understand it right, going to Mac Health sci does not prevent you from getting into Ivy med schools. There have been several people from health sci going to those. I can clarify more about health sci program after september as I will be going into first year.

If you want to go to an American one, maybe going to one of the ivies would give you better chances. However, unless you get a full ride, it costs a lot. That's why I ended up not going there. Another option for american education is to go to a liberal arts college. I heard that they prepare you well as a medical school applicant. But, they still cost as much as the ivy ones lol.

So it's up to you. If you are super smart to get a full ride or your parents are rich enough to pay for it, why not go to the south. If you are in my situation, maybe it's a better idea to stay in Canada, because there's no point of wasting $$$$ in undergrad (Yeah, I wasn't smart enough to get scholarships).

Archived