Premed 101 Forums

app timeline

When should you be applying to Cndn med schools? I know the deadline for most in Ontario are around October... is it earlier in different provinces (ie. Quebec, for McGill)? And does it matter when you apply in Ontario... even though I know it's not rolling admission, is it kind of common knowledge that getting it in early (if so, when?) and getting to the top of the pile is better?

Thanks guys

When should you be applying to Cndn med schools? I know the deadline for most in Ontario are around October... is it earlier in different provinces (ie. Quebec, for McGill)? And does it matter when you apply in Ontario... even though I know it's not rolling admission, is it kind of common knowledge that getting it in early (if so, when?) and getting to the top of the pile is better?

Thanks guys

For Ontario, as long as you get your application in by the deadline, you're fine. There is no bonus for being early, and no punishment for submitting at the last minute (although the website may be horribly slow or crash on deadline day).

I'm pretty sure that no Canadian schools have rolling admissions anymore, so as long as you get your application in by the school's deadline, you're fine. Every school has a different deadline, but I'm not sure about each school. I do know that UBC is already open, and has one of the earliest deadline (September 1). I missed that deadline last year :( .

Thanks guys

There is no sense of order in the entire system, no preference for early or just before the deadline. The cut offs in fact are in part derived at most schools from the total quality of the applicant pool, which can only be determined post application deadline. So take your time, but of course get in on time as well :)

Ya I remember back in october i submitted my application last minute... LITERALLY it was right down to the wire late. I dont think that made a difference because I interviewed and waitlisted anyways. I dont suggest testing it like i did though lol... good luck

Ya I remember back in october i submitted my application last minute... LITERALLY it was right down to the wire late. I dont think that made a difference because I interviewed and waitlisted anyways. I dont suggest testing it like i did though lol... good luck

I got mine in a couple days before.

Archived