Premed 101 Forums

Mock interviews for those in TO area

Guest Namgalsip

Guest Shahenshah

I'm cool with the time and place..although, in terms of the moderators, I must add that based on my friends who r in med schools, fridays r usually the best for them..but as of now Gerstein library @7:30 Wednesday sounds perfect as we can always have another one too:)

Guest cheech10

Unfortunately I'm a little swamped with work, and probably not the best person to evaluate interviews anyway. But if you're looking for a list of questions, one of the old Queen's Med classes had a website with a rather huge list of questions, so see if you can track it down.

Friday it is, then. Does anybody know any U of T meds students who might be willing to come out and help us? Otherwise I'm sure we can come up with some mocks on our own. :)

Guest Namgalsip

wow, you're right. How about we meet at Robarts then? Can those of you that are interested send me a private post so we can better coordinate this.

Thanks,

Nams

Guest Shahenshah

I tried sending you a pm but I wasn't sure if u got it..so I'll just confirm it once again here that I WILL be attending @7:30pm Friday at Robarts..just to make things easier in terms of organizing or actually deciding where to meet exactly at robarts, here is my msn id and maybe we can all chat up some time: shahenshah007@hotmail.com (anyone can send me emails there too...no spam pleaaasee:) )

Guest Namgalsip

Hey Peachy,

Will you be joining us for the mocks? We've decided on Friday at 7:30pm at Robarts (meeting in the main enterence, inside the revolving doors).

Really hope you can join us.

Nams

Hey Nams et al,

I can't seem to get private messaging to work... But I'm not going to be able to make it to the mocks tonight unfortunately - hope you guys have a great time, though!!

peachy

Guest medwant2b

It has been a while since I last posted. I surprised myself today--remembered the password...

Here are some interesting links:

Some OECD Data on Health Spending

www1.oecd.org/media/publish/pb01-24a.pdf

Univ. of Western Ontario Questions

meds2001.garage.org/inter...tions.html

A List of Interview Questions (University of Virginia)

www.people.virginia.edu/~...stions.doc

List of SDN Resources - SDN is a huge American Board. It has some interview feedback for Canadian Schools.

www.studentdoctor.net/index.asp

MSAT - Medical Specialty Aptitude Test (probably more interesting for the ppl in medical school)

www.med-ed.virginia.edu/specialties/

I did it 'cause I was curious... radiology came out on top for me.

Book I mentioned ---

Ferdinand, Brett L., Lalonde, Mia, "The Black Book on Canadian Medical Schools",

RuveneCo Inc., Montreal, 2001. ISBN: 0-9696863-2-3

-- Has some interesting points... has a short section on interviews.

peachy: :(

it is a shame you couldn't make it

To the others:

It was nice meeting yesterday... wish you both the best of luck!

Take Care,

medwant2b

Archived