Premed 101 Forums

Who's heading South?

great...I have a question...If my application is complete by end July, with an AADSAS gpa of ~3.75...will a 17 in PAT hurt my chances? My Canadian DAT AA and RC is 19...Or should i write the US dat?

Im planning on applying to nova, detroit, case, penn (possible with my low end DAT?)...

I'd say it more so depends on which schools you are applying to.

One of the posters on SDN, doc toothache, has a link to the 2008 statistics about what the american school averages were for GPA and DAT scores for their accepted students.

Here's the link, in case you didn't feel like searching for it...http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=602109.

I'd say it more so depends on which schools you are applying to.

One of the posters on SDN, doc toothache, has a link to the 2008 statistics about what the american school averages were for GPA and DAT scores for their accepted students.

Here's the link, in case you didn't feel like searching for it...http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=602109.

I agree, there is variation between schools, but the school websites never state that the DAT is worth ~10% like many Canadian schools do.

great...I have a question...If my application is complete by end July, with an AADSAS gpa of ~3.75...will a 17 in PAT hurt my chances? My Canadian DAT AA and RC is 19...Or should i write the US dat?

Im planning on applying to nova, detroit, case, penn (possible with my low end DAT?)...

If you don't have it yet, I would strongly recommend you buy the ADEA guide. It has the gpa range of those who were accepted and I can't remember at the top of my head but I think it has the range for DAT scores too. If not then it has at least the average DAT scores.

thanks for the replies....so i understand that applying early is also important...should i submit my application with the current scores and indicate that i will be taking the DAT in 1 month...in this way i may not get any interview until new scores are in...right?

I would say it comes down to which school in the states you are applying to. Some of the American schools have a minimum score required for each section, I think Mercy has a cut off around 17 for each section?...but it never hurts to call the school you're interested in and see how they respond to that.

Does anyone know how often AADSAS mails out the applications/reference letters? Is it at the end of each month?

AADSAS sends things to schools and updates their site on mondays, however there is usually a lag period between when they receive it and when they send it out of about 8-10 weeks (during high season, right now) and less time as the cycle goes on

Archived