Premed 101 Forums

UWO Waitlist

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmm.. i have a feeling that whoever gave eebee this information wasn't aware of the how private the waitlist info is supposed to be.. i don't think trish would have given out these stats .. just my opinion..

I PRAY that you are right and that I am so terribly wrong.

But I gave her my name at the beginning of the convo, and she said Im in the middle....so she must have been looking at the list. Maybe she got my name wrong? Who knows.

I tried calling and the woman I spoke to was not willing to divulge any waitlist information to me. perhaps eebee just got lucky

More like unlucky :(. Im so upset. Could it have been some sort of mistake? Why did she tell me all the info that she did?

Soooo..pretty much, Im hoping she gave me the wrong info, and she realized her mistake and is being more careful...? Maybe? 90 seems pretty insane. I spoke to someone who is on the admissions at UofT who said that you arent put on the waitlist unless you really have a fair shot of getting in. Im pretty sure if ur 50 on the waitlist, let alone 90, you dont have a fair chance of getting in.

But I heard her correctly, and she did say 90. She told me that she could only tell me if I was in the top, middle or bottom third. Maybe she thought I said med school and just looked up my first name?!? Who knows!!

western doesnt divulge their med waitlist info either, so that doesn't make too much sense.. unfortunately, i think that 90 is right- why else are they so secretive about it?

it's good in the business sense- gives students false hope and have them pay the fee to reapply the following year- thats what i did anyways, and i'm sure i'm not the only one..

i think its ridiculous, seeing as how for a 90 person waitlist to make sense, all 50 of the first round acceptances plus 40 off the waitlist would have to reject their offers. sounds silly to me.

anyways that's my rant of the day. blurgh.

I have heard from someone who graduated from western maybe 10 years ago that even back then they didn't give your actual waitlist number but if you called they would give you a rough estimate like "it is likely that you will be offered admission with your waitlist position" or something along those lines

I have heard from someone who graduated from western maybe 10 years ago that even back then they didn't give your actual waitlist number but if you called they would give you a rough estimate like "it is likely that you will be offered admission with your waitlist position" or something along those lines

I've heard that too...but the details she gave me were way too specific. I called trish last week who basically said "I cant tell you anything." I think if you are very high up...lets say....the top 10, they might say "expect a call." But other than that, I dont really think they say much at all. Well, at least I thought so.

You know what would be interesting? If we could find out the size of the waitlist form last year? Who knows, maybe it never used to be so big, and they made it big this year because they are expecting a lot of movement.

Oh, and just in case anyone was wondering what it looks like when someone is grasping desperately at straws...I present to you exibit A, above. haha...fcuk.

Ugh, I know...aaah.

I am just curious as to why she told me: a)waitlist size (90) b)waitlist number of the last student who got accepted last year (30) and c) my relative position on the waitlist.

Did she tell anyone else this information?

I called and was told I am in the bottom of the waitlist. It took her almost half minute to find out my name, I do believe it is a long list.

Do you guys think is there any point to do admission appeal because I do not believe I should be ranked such low given the fact I was ranked high in the U of T waitlist?

Do you guys think is there any point to do admission appeal because I do not believe I should be ranked such low given the fact I was ranked high in the U of T waitlist?

Hey man, it sucks about the placement decision of the school, but your choice to appeal is in the end your own decision. Imo, they are two completely different schools with a different outlook on who they are letting into their school. Perhaps you did relatively better at your Toronto interview, than your Western interview. People get accepted at Western and declined at Toronto, or vice versa, all the time, so I wouldn't really say appealing would change anything, but then again it is your decision.

It's kind of embarrassing that being a applicant with a Ph.D. degree.

My best two years GPA for undergrad is around 83%. My DAT RC is 21 and AA is 20.

My interview at Western should be much better than one I did at U of T because I know what to expect and I am better prepared.

Colanring, what are your stats? and do you have a degree?

It's kind of embarrassing that being a applicant with a Ph.D. degree.

My best two years GPA for undergrad is around 83%, my graduate GPA is 85% for my master and 84% for my Ph.D. My DAT RC is 21 and AA is 20.

it is getting very hard to understandwhat they want from their applicants. I have a MSc in Dentistry from UofT, average of 92% RC 21, AA 21. and I am somewhere unknown on the waitlist.

Once Trish gets back you should give her a call and ask her about your options, maybe get her opinion before you ask them to reevaluate your application.

I understand how frustrating this can be but I don't know what appealing will do as it's all based on numbers. They are just taking your GPA, DAT, and interview score and then calculating a score for all of us. I bet there is just an excel spreadsheet with all of us on it and they just clicked 'Sort Highest to Lowest'.

Archived