Premed 101 Forums

UWO Waitlist

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm on the waitlist too, but it's really too early to have heard from them already in my opinion...i'm reading a lot of ppl on the UofT waitlist post on this forum that they're not getting any calls either (and they got their status 2 months before western released their decisions)

i just try not going insane on a daily basis with the wait lol or i'll be writing my dat again this nov! :P i wanna improve that AA19....

hehe i agree with fraises, accepted students have until july 3 to respond in the first place, so i wouldnt get too excited about potential waitlist movement for a little while.. so sit back, relax, and enjoy your canada day!

also i asked this in a different thread, i'm not sure if anyone knows- is there a different waitlist for IP and OOP for western?

edit: oops, forgot to address the purpose of this thread, i'm waitlisted too :P

One of my friends got a call of acceptance last Thursday. He must have been high up on the waitlist I guess. Good luck to everyone else!!

Are you positive about that its UWO, and that it wasnt just a regular acceptance?

My email says: The first round offers have until July 3 to respond. We will act upon any declines prior to that date, but will start on the wait list in earnest after July 3, in order to fill any spaces still available.

I think what that means is that they will take into account the rejections before the 3rd (iow, they will remove them from the class list and whatever else they need to do) but they will only start notifying waitlisted people after the 3rd.

Are you positive about that its UWO, and that it wasnt just a regular acceptance?

My email says: The first round offers have until July 3 to respond. We will act upon any declines prior to that date, but will start on the wait list in earnest after July 3, in order to fill any spaces still available.

I think what that means is that they will take into account the rejections before the 3rd (iow, they will remove them from the class list and whatever else they need to do) but they will only start notifying waitlisted people after the 3rd.

He was on the waitlist on the student center and even got a waitlist email and then he received a call on Thursday informing him that Western accepted him off the waitlist.

After all, in the letter Trish sent it says "We will Act upon any declines prior to that date (July 3rd)"

But I would assume that most people are usually lazy and they probably won't inform Western that they are declining their offer....and so, they will decline by default and quite a few more phone calls will probably go out after July 3rd.

But it says that they will act on the waitlist after July 3...so confused.

lol, k read it again....it says they will act on the waitlist in earnest after July 3rd....but they will act on any declines prior to that date as well. What that means is they will really get going on the waitlist after July 3rd since that is when the most movement will happen...but should they get any declines before that, they will address it. So I guess the waitlist is more of a priority after the 3rd, but they will still deal with the few declines that they receive before that.

Yeah, I was hoping you wouldnt say that. I figured as much...I just didn't want to admit it to myself, haha. I feel like so many people would have already rejected though, because they have already accepted UofT.

True, a lot of people may already know they are rejecting, but like I said... people are lazy lol. So a a fair amount are probably just going to wait until the third passes, instead of doing it online or whatever you have to do to decline.

I'm putting in an offer on a house for sale in Toronto tomorrow, so if the deal goes through, I'll definitely be giving up my Western spot and moving to TO (sorry UofT waitlisters). I'm offering under the asking price though, so don't get too excited yet.

I was told that Im somewhere in the middle. Im absolutely crushed. I really felt that I had a good interview, and I didnt think that 86 was THAT low.

I'm sorry to hear that

If I hear back from U of T I'll drop Western. I know it doesn't help much ...

Archived