Premed 101 Forums

UWO Waitlist

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got a phone call before noon today asking if i was still interested, and then she said that they had a spot for me :) no email though

my status changed on the student center website a couple hours later

i hope more of you who are waiting hear some good news!

i got a phone call before noon today asking if i was still interested, and then she said that they had a spot for me :) no email though

my status changed on the student center website a couple hours later

i hope more of you who are waiting hear some good news!

Hi

Do you have a deadline to make a deposit? (or any other type of deadline)

i was just wondering what would happen (or what I'd do) if I got off the wait list at Western before U of T, and then I'd have to decide between guaranteed spot at Western or a almost-guaranteed spot at U of T ...

i have two weeks to get the $1000 deposit in. if you do hear from western first put the money down, its an insurance policy. i lost quite a bit of money to a school in the states to hold my spot just in case i didnt get into western, but it was worth it knowing that no matter what i was going to a Dschool

cum ave. - 86%

dat:

rc - 20

bio - 20

chem - 18 (oops :S)

pat - 24

carving - 26

Damn and you're in the middle of the list?? This is bad news for me...

best 2 years 88.5% AA 21 PAT/RC 18

Eebee how'd you feel after your interview? Confident?

And the feeling of your interview is irrelevant. I felt pretty good about my Western interview but I am at the bottom of waitlist. My buddy's girlfriend applied last year and had a great feeling about her interview. She was waitlisted and never get the call.

Sometimes I am wondering what the criteria they are using in the interview. Maybe I was too prepared and they want to know my instinct response?

Damn and you're in the middle of the list?? This is bad news for me...

best 2 years 88.5% AA 21 PAT/RC 18

Eebee how'd you feel after your interview? Confident?

I actually felt really confident after my interview, and that's a very rare thing for me. Usually I assume that I screw up no matter what, but after this interview, I felt great. I went to mock interviews, spoke to Dental school students, spoke with dental school interviewers and went through hundreds of questions. That's why I was so shocked. Maybe my interviewers weren't too happy that day, haha? Who knows.

I actually felt really confident after my interview, and that's a very rare thing for me. Usually I assume that I screw up no matter what, but after this interview, I felt great. I went to mock interviews, spoke to Dental school students, spoke with dental school interviewers and went through hundreds of questions. That's why I was so shocked. Maybe my interviewers weren't too happy that day, haha? Who knows.

How you feel is often a good way to gauge how well you did on most things, but interviews can really go either way. I compared my UWO interview to the one I had at UT, and I felt like I did horribly on the UWO one. I was a lot more casual (still formal enough to be polite, but my interview seemed more like a conversation) at UWO, so I thought I'd done a poor job. But I was accepted in the end, so it just shows that the schools look for different qualities, making it sometimes hard to judge your own performance.

ugh, i felt very confident after too. time to start seriously looking for a backup plan

My stats are pretty much the same as yours, which are around last year's entering averages. I wouldn't despair just yet... it might take longer because waitlisted applicants with 90s will likely be offered first (assuming a waitlist that is roughly staggered by grades). But yeah, that backup plan idea is probably something I should be looking into too.

i'm not sure how "full" is interpreted... full as in all of the people who rejected/are rejecting their offer have already dropped their spot and they've been filled? Or "full" until the second batch of deposits are due and the wait list continues to move??

well, some ppl declined the initial round of offers last friday (july 3rd). so trish has simply filled those spots. but i mean....anything can happen from now on. for all we know, someone might get into a different school tmrw or next week and decide to reject their spot at uwo dentistry ;)

only reason i was confused was because ppl were saying as many as 20-30 people get in ( i know this is also the same for U of T so I believed this statistic), and as far as I know, not too many people have beent taken off the wait list yet. Technically, the class is full from day 1... taht's why ur on the waitlist... god i'm so worried

Trish had told me in the past that people below me on the list have been called and offered acceptance, but that now the class was full and to consider my other options. Take from that what you will, but its onto plan B

below you as in before you, or did you mean "higher"/after??

Archived