Premed 101 Forums

UofT and UWO waitlists

I noticed that last year there seemed to be little movement of the UofT waitlist in comparison to previous years. Do you think it might have been an anomaly?

Whatever the reason, do you think it may have caused slow waitlist movement at UWO?

Any input would be appreciated.

And, if anyone knows where we can view any type of statistics, that would be great.

eebee,

I know it's hard being on the waitlist and having nothing else to do but hope for that phone call/e-mail but you need to relax a little. You started two threads today that could of easily just been asked in the UWO waitlist thread. I know it's tough as you want to know any updates as soon as possible but you also have to realize that a lot of people that are going into UWO/UofT don't post on this site or even know it exists.

If you want to find out statistics of the class of 2012 at U of T, your best bet is to contact the admissions office. I found out the admitted class 2012 had an average GPA of 3.84. If anyone finds out more please post.

Just to clarify (b/c the previous post was a bit confusing). I was accepted to U of T back in April...I sent an email to them last week saying that I would not be attending in the fall and this morning I received a confirmation email...so the waitlist should move.

I am OOP. Goodluck!!

Just to clarify (b/c the previous post was a bit confusing). I was accepted to U of T back in April...I sent an email to them last week saying that I would not be attending in the fall and this morning I received a confirmation email...so the waitlist should move.

I am OOP. Goodluck!!

thanks

good luck

Sorry Mach, I know I promised you my UofT spot a few posts back, but I've been flip-flopping between the 2 schools for weeks and finally only recently decided on UofT over Western and found a place to live in Toronto. I'm sure you'll still get off the waitlist though (an IP on my facebook said he was turning down UofT for Western), so I'll see you in September!

To those on the Western waitlist, good luck as one of you should hear soon about the spot I opened.

Sorry Mach, I know I promised you my UofT spot a few posts back, but I've been flip-flopping between the 2 schools for weeks and finally only recently decided on UofT over Western and found a place to live in Toronto. I'm sure you'll still get off the waitlist though (an IP on my facebook said he was turning down UofT for Western), so I'll see you in September!

To those on the Western waitlist, good luck as one of you should hear soon about the spot I opened.

no worries. i'm sure it was a tough decision. don't worry about me. I hope I will get off the WL too.

just a bit frustrated that it seems like U of T isn't updating the WL or ppl aren't dropping.

Hopefully I'll see you in sept too

really? wow.. i can't believe that nobody from the UofT/UWO waitlists still has heard......

It's pretty ridiculous eh?

The only movement was way back in April, right before the first deposits are due. The IP WL moved up 2 spots.

From then until now, nothing has moved. Personally, I find it pretty odd, especially considering that I'd imagine that many people would have dropped dentistry for med (when med admissions came out in mid may) and that several people from the forum have said they have released their spots.

I expect that there will be a giant wave of movement on the WL in mid Aug when the secondary deposits are due (and people not wanting to go to U of T won't pay)

Ye, i'd agree with that, most will happen after second deposits are due.

But Mach, you're not in a spot to be fretting. It's others higher up that are nervous.

I guess you're right. But when you're unofficial, it's still sort of nerve wracking nonetheless

Well it looks like the wait list movement for Western is done ...

WELL then....i spoke with trish and she says this year is an UNUSUAL year =[[[

and there is less movement happening perhaps due to the economy. she said maybe people want to stay closer to home now..

... is anyone else worried that a similar situation will happen for U of T?

I believe it is too early to say. And Mach, you have no reason to worry about it. People like me should seriously think about the plan B.

Well it looks like the wait list movement for Western is done ...

... is anyone else worried that a similar situation will happen for U of T?

I believe it is too early to say. And Mach, you have no reason to worry about it. People like me should seriously think about the plan B.

Thanks

But given the unpredictability of the economy, the normal movement of the wait list might be skewed ... I just hope it won't and that we all get in :)

Archived