Premed 101 Forums

What's going on with U of T?

Guest SoHo

Hello, I'm having one of those my-essay-is-really-bad days and I was wondering if anyone knows if U of T meds have started reading the essays, who's reading them (i.e. 1st yrs., 2nd yrs....), how they're being evaluated or any other info about the evaluation process. Thanks.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi SoHo,

I was just thinking that the UofT forum seemed a little quiet of late...

I'm not sure when the UofT students begin to read the essays, but I do know that in previous years they have recruited second year students to read them. Apparently they were having a bit of a tough time recruiting enough bodies last year (per one of my pals who was in second year at the time). Hopefully that won't be the case this year.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest UWOMED2005

I know where you're coming from, but you'll drive yourself nuts worrying about this. You won't know anything about how your essay went until you get notification about whether you got an interview. And with U of T, based on past years that can come anywhere from February to late April, even early May.

Good Luck and try to not think about it. I know that's easier said than done but it's the best advice I can give!

Archived