Premed 101 Forums

Honours Life Science vs LS

Do many med schools require honors Life science as opposed to just normal life science? Do they hold one over the other? I was just wondering if honours is required in order to be able to get into Ontario med schools. LS by itself is only a 3 years of undergraduate so would that narrow down my field too greatly and i should take honors life science just in case? Thx for ur replies

What about u of t, mac or queens med, do they need honours? Im just looking in general do ontario med skools need honours life science? Also since life science alone is 3 years is that too risky to depend on it and instead take honours which is 4 years and opens me up to more schools?

What about u of t, mac or queens med, do they need honours? Im just looking in general do ontario med skools need honours life science? Also since life science alone is 3 years is that too risky to depend on it and instead take honours which is 4 years and opens me up to more schools?

Personally I would not recommend a 3 year program - although there is not explicit requirement for a honours degree at those schools. The problem is there is the possibility (as with anyone) of not getting in one year and then you are not left with a lot of obvious options to proceed and you can't apply to Western at all.

And this means that your bachelors degree, honours or not, will lead to a Masters Program should you wish to pursue this. So even Western does not require an honours degree.:)

Oh really?? I didn't know that. I thought your program has to have "Honours" specifically attached to its name. That's great news then! I didn't really understand that honours requirement of Western to begin with.

Oh really?? I didn't know that. I thought your program has to have "Honours" specifically attached to its name. That's great news then! I didn't really understand that honours requirement of Western to begin with.

Honours or equivalent - it's the equivalent part that often gets missed. When in doubt you can contact Western, but if it is a four year degree that you can got into grad school after with it is very probably safe.

Archived