Premed 101 Forums

Criteria for med schools outside of ontario

I am an engineering grad and plan to apply to med school. I do not have any science prerequisites, and only have one year with a competitive GPA. Therefore, the only med school in Ontario that I have a chance of getting into is Western since they don't require prerequisites, only look at your best two years, and will consider an additional year of undergrad (which I plan to do).

Does anyone know of any other med schools outside of Ontario that have criteria similar to Western?

I am an engineering grad and plan to apply to med school. I do not have any science prerequisites, and only have one year with a competitive GPA. Therefore, the only med school in Ontario that I have a chance of getting into is Western since they don't require prerequisites, only look at your best two years, and will consider an additional year of undergrad (which I plan to do).

Does anyone know of any other med schools outside of Ontario that have criteria similar to Western?

Just wondering if the OP bothered to put in the effort and visit the websites of the various Canadian medical schools to find this answer as the info is readily available on the internet.

Just wondering if the OP bothered to put in the effort and visit the websites of the various Canadian medical schools to find this answer as the info is readily available on the internet.

Well isn't the purpose of this forum to allow people to share info for everyone's benefit? Instead of each individual person looking up every single med school, it would be a lot easier if people just look up info for their own province and then exchange the info. It saves a lot of time and is more efficient. In addition, I was hoping to also get info on med schools in the US and the Caribean. It would take a LONG time to look up every school in the US and Caribean.

Well isn't the purpose of this forum to allow people to share info for everyone's benefit? Instead of each individual person looking up every single med school, it would be a lot easier if people just look up info for their own province and then exchange the info. It saves a lot of time and is more efficient. In addition, I was hoping to also get info on med schools in the US and the Caribean. It would take a LONG time to look up every school in the US and Caribean.

Yeah it does take awhile and often not so easy to find out (I forget is it 16 or 17 schools?) :) Madz25 probably just hit saturation point from other posts on easy to answer questions - there can be a lot of those.

There are specific subforms for those other areas (US and Caribbean and maybe you are also interested in the other international schools?). Great place to find out more!

Anyway it sounds like you are on the right track for your situation. Hopefully your next year will be a good one GPA-wise and you will get some broader opportunities

I was hoping to also get info on med schools in the US and the Caribean. It would take a LONG time to look up every school in the US and Caribean.

you're going to be waiting a LONG time in this thread too.

you'd be surprised at how easy it is to look up something simple like prereqs on each school's respective websites. the question has also been asked dozens of times on this forum if you had bothered to do a little search. don't be lazy.

Archived