Premed 101 Forums

Examkrackers VR 101 Passages

Slashsev01

Hey Everyone,

Iam wondering what everyone thinks about the EK VR 101 PASS (yea you didnt think i could shorten it anymore! but i did)

I hear alote of people said it was much easier than the actual test (a much easier read)...

is there anything else you can recommend?or better? bc iam almost at the end of it...

I hear alote of people said it was much easier than the actual test (a much easier read)...

Personally I think it's the next best to thing to doing the practice AAMC tests. EK probably has the best feel for writing verbal passages in comparison to Princeton and Kaplan.

I re-wrote in June, and the first time around my impression of Kaplan, was that the passages and questions were easier than the actual exam. This time around I used the EK VR 101 Passages, and I think that it gave a more realistic idea of what to expect.

Also, if you're in the Vancouver/Victoria area I would be happy to sell you my book! Good luck with the exam!

EK 101 VR was great, I thought. Roughly same difficulty as AAMC.

Kaplan VR is atrocious.

TPR VR isn't bad--they have some really dense passages. I found TPR VR to be generally harder than AAMC.

Kaplan VR is just substantially harder in difficulty (like any other section... kaplan's PS & BS are also ridiculously tough), so it helps you to prepare for the AAMC ones.

woow. what strategy are you using if i dare ask!! I'm a sucker at VR so share the wealth :)
I actively read & highlight the text first. I make sure to understand the purpose of the passage before I even attempt the questions. If you don't grasp the passage, then you're going to fall for the traps.

i have been practicing on verbal passages (i am done EK 101) and have been consistently getting ~66% on the questions =( I am feeling really disappointed in myself. What does a 66% on verbal roughly translate into ? (i know that it varies from year to year but i just want to get an estimate).

Archived