Premed 101 Forums

Need some advice on the Interview prep books

DOC_Ma

Hi

I already searched the forum for the books but I only found 1 or 2 books on the med school interview (panel style), so I am wondering if any of you premeds or meds know any good prep books on the MMI ?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks

I think you are looking for the PDF Manual for Interviewers from Mac that I found somewhere probably on the Mac site, an 18 page document that deals with the MMI with sample station and score sheet. I sent you PM.

I think you are looking for the PDF Manual for Interviewers from Mac that I found somewhere probably on the Mac site, an 18 page document that deals with the MMI with sample station and score sheet. I sent you PM.

oh cool, thanks, I also bought a book from Topreviews or w/e its called its got tons of practice questions, its pretty awesome.

Hi

I already searched the forum for the books but I only found 1 or 2 books on the med school interview (panel style), so I am wondering if any of you premeds or meds know any good prep books on the MMI ?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks

Last January or so, career services at UW ran a med school interview prep' session. I didn't attend, but it could be helpful and something to keep an eye out for.

I would suggest making an appointment with someone there to help you get set up with all sorts of goodies (handouts, books, mock interviews, etc).

Even though it's proactive to start thinking about interviews, don't get ahead of yourself and submit a less-than-perfect OMSAS application. One step at a time....;)

• 3 weeks later...
Last January or so, career services at UW ran a med school interview prep' session. I didn't attend, but it could be helpful and something to keep an eye out for.

I would suggest making an appointment with someone there to help you get set up with all sorts of goodies (handouts, books, mock interviews, etc).

Even though it's proactive to start thinking about interviews, don't get ahead of yourself and submit a less-than-perfect OMSAS application. One step at a time....;)

Hey thanks, I actually went there last year :) , the seminar was helpful but they didn't give us any books to prepare for the interview

• 2 months later...

To be honest, I do not know. I can't find it on the Career Services website either. However, this was mentioned by both the premed club execs and by the career services advisor at the Kevin Mayer talk. The advisor mentioned that it will be open ONLY to those who get invited to an MMI, so I guess it will be held sometime after invites are sent out.

Archived