Premed 101 Forums

grad students abstracts/posters/conferences

I'm wondering whether other grad students are including accepted papers, abstracts, posters, oral presentation at conferences in their sketch? Since Ottawa no longer has the grad review committee, do you think it's worth putting these things in the sketch?

Absolutely yes!

These things all help to show your accomplishments and achievements in your academic career- whether or not there is a "grad stream."

And although you're correct that Ottawa no longer has a grad stream, Toronto does take productivity into account when looking at grad student applicants and Queens will also take a 2nd look at grad students who may not meet MCAT cutoffs, but otherwise have a solid application. Definitely list these things, they make up part of your academic record. :)

I'm wondering whether other grad students are including accepted papers, abstracts, posters, oral presentation at conferences in their sketch? Since Ottawa no longer has the grad review committee, do you think it's worth putting these things in the sketch?

In the strongest possible terms - YES :)

• 2 months later...

Hey sobes74..I sent you a PM. Please check your inbox.

Absolutely yes!

These things all help to show your accomplishments and achievements in your academic career- whether or not there is a "grad stream."

And although you're correct that Ottawa no longer has a grad stream, Toronto does take productivity into account when looking at grad student applicants and Queens will also take a 2nd look at grad students who may not meet MCAT cutoffs, but otherwise have a solid application. Definitely list these things, they make up part of your academic record. :)

Archived