Premed 101 Forums

"Biochem, Pharmacology for Dummies"--type books?

sensazn

Not the Dummies series itself, but I'm looking for a relatively short review/guide book for Biochem and Pharmacology... one that breaks the subjects down in an easy to understand way haha.

eg. for Organic Chem I used "Organic Chemistry As a Second Language" (LOVE IT!! But unfortunately the series doesn't do biochem or pharmacology..)

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

Hey there,

I took an intro pharm class last year that had learning modules that were downloadable. I did download most of them, if you want, I can pass those on to you... they are quite a few files though (all in word, with some figures and stuff)... but it's very simple so I liked it.

As for biochem, what in particular are you looking for? I can't think of anything that makes biochem easy to understand! :P

Hey there,

I took an intro pharm class last year that had learning modules that were downloadable. I did download most of them, if you want, I can pass those on to you... they are quite a few files though (all in word, with some figures and stuff)... but it's very simple so I liked it.

As for biochem, what in particular are you looking for? I can't think of anything that makes biochem easy to understand! :P

That would be great if you could!

For both, I'm just looking for something that can introduce me to the subjects. Something I can read in a week, ideally haha, before school starts so I can get an idea of what the courses are gonna be about.

Hey there,

Hey Law,

This sounds like good, potential MCAT studying material. Or, if not good for the MCAT, then just for fun!

Could you please hook me up?

Thanks!

Haly

:)

Archived