Premed 101 Forums

Re-write?

bubblebath

I am sorry...it is stupid..your marks are fabulous otherwise..hmm..you could call the aamc and see if you can write before the 13th..you have to call them directly because it has closed online.....maybe get your essay remarked, if you had always been doing better on practice tests..we all know essay marking is subjective....

Hey bubblebath.. thats very unfortunate.. I would hafta agree MCAT is one annoying test..

If you can get a seat for sept 10th/12th, rewrite! Ur score is golden and its just ur writing score, which won't be too hard to bring up :) You probably just had a bad day...

Queens looks at ur best score anyway and Western looks at ur most recent (so there won't be any loss with a re-write)

If you can't rewrite, apply everywhere still! you never know how the cutoffs will fluctuate..

Any chance I can hijack this thread? Just got my score from 30 July. 39M - P 14/V 12/B 13/WS M.

I was happy with all my multiple-choice scores but I don't know what happened with my writing sample. Even though it's probably the least important section, do you think I should rewrite?

unfortunately that doesn't meet UofT's or Queen's cutoffs (Queen's has wanted Q and R in WS before, and UofT wants N) but with a high VR like that, I'd definitely apply to Mac!

Any chance I can hijack this thread? Just got my score from 30 July. 39M - P 14/V 12/B 13/WS M.

I was happy with all my multiple-choice scores but I don't know what happened with my writing sample. Even though it's probably the least important section, do you think I should rewrite?

Ahhh man - that sucks. That is a great score, but it still knocks you out of the running for Western and Queens in Ontario. Where are you planning to apply?

The bad news is you probably will have to redo, but since you got the other sections down cold you can at least just focus on the essay part. I have to rewrite the MCAT for the same reason (36P, and western/Queens needed more for the WS).

Sorry lol for hijacking this thread aswell :( ... but we all seem to be having the same problem here.. mine is a bit weird. I would really appreciate any sort of advice you guys may have.

I got my scores back and it seems that i got a 10 / 10 / 10 S .... sucks really bad as i was averaging 12s in both PS and BS ... just had a overall bad day. I dont think i meet either queens (31=> cutoff) or westerns (11 bio cutoff)... would you guys advice to re do my mcat.

Problem is .. I have absolutely no time to prepare ... and I know I can get my PS and BS scores up... but verbal score can go down for me as it has in the past.

What to doo arghh ! Should i gamble and hope queens removes that 31 + cut off and just keeps the 10 10 10 ... and some how western decides to go from 9 10 11 to 10 10 10)

my GPA is not that stellar its pretty average ... roughly 3.88 cumulative.

3.88 is a great GPA, don't sell yourself short.

And I would re-write... I don't think Western's cut-off will go down. You never know with Queen's, but I don't think it will go down either. I'm sure you can maintain your verbal score.. just use the strategies you used to get the 10.

This form sometimes makes people think there GPA is terrible when it isn't. 3.88 IS a good GPA score.

Archived