Premed 101 Forums

I found an academic reference, yay!

I met up with a former prof today who will be my academic ref and he sounded really positive and remembered me from a field course that I was in. He said he could speak well to my academic abilities and was impressed that I've been keeping up my academics through correspondance work. I am so relieved:D

Wow! Congrats Andrea! I'm so surprised when profs actually do that. I'm use to going to a big school so profs usually have to deal with 500+ students a day that they usually don't care about any one individual. I'm surprised he remembered you. Hmm.. maybe you're hot? lol ;)

Wow! Congrats Andrea! I'm so surprised when profs actually do that. I'm use to going to a big school so profs usually have to deal with 500+ students a day that they usually don't care about any one individual. I'm surprised he remembered you. Hmm.. maybe you're hot? lol ;)

It could be that I'm hot, but it's more likely because the feild course that I took with him only had 10 students in it. I'm just glad he remembered me from so long ago.

That's awesome. Like Toodlee I hate having to ask for favors like this and I also had to meet a professor that I hadn't seen in 5 years to see if he could write one. Worst part was that he was on vacation for the summer so I had to meet him in his home. Talk about nerve-wracking. haha

Feels good to have one thing taken care of in the million things we have to do. :D

I met up with a former prof today who will be my academic ref and he sounded really positive and remembered me from a field course that I was in. He said he could speak well to my academic abilities and was impressed that I've been keeping up my academics through correspondance work. I am so relieved:D

YEAH!

Good luck with the application! :)

Excellent news :) I have had some good luck with field course supervisors and letters of reference. Hope you do as well!

I finished some courses toward my degree and only did a few on campus. One of the profs has written a ref for this past year, but it was in a course that was 2.5 years ago. Was this too long ago? I did all the rest of the courses were by distance!

The course that I took was 8 years ago. It was a very close knit group though with a mini research projects and group hikes etc. so there was a lot of opportunity for everyone to get to know eachother. It really depends on how well your prof remembers you as to whether he could write a good reference.

That prof remembers me very well, says that " I stood out to her in her class of 80". She wrote a reference for me last year, that I was told by the adcomm was "outstanding". She offered again, if I chose to reapply, which she has encouraged me to do. I was just worried because it was almost 3 years ago when I was in her course.

Thanks for the feedback, I think I will ask her again. She would probably submit the same letter as last year, so no work to do on her part.

Archived