Premed 101 Forums

Verifiers

From what I've read it seems as though OMSAS usually calls 2-3 of your verifiers just to make sure you aren't a complete fraud. If and when they do call I believe they only ask the verifier if the person did the number of hours they stated in the activity description and what the actual activtiy was if the description wasn't clear. This said, I think the people at OMSAS already know that they won't be able to reach all the verifiers because of a number of different factors. However, whenever you aren't sure if your verifier contact info is still the same or not (I mean the person could have moved to a different city, the place could have shut down, etc...) then I suggest you mention something about that in the verifier comments box.

For example, I put somewhere: Workplace recently shut down, contact info may be wrong, use: JaneDoe@gmail.com to contact verifier. As long as you make things clear, then it shouldn't be a problem.

This might've been asked elsewhere, and I did a bit of a search so don't get mad if it has been asked and I just missed it!

But if we did something for say 2 years in a row, ie. being an orientation leader in both 2006 and 2007, do you list that as two separate activities with 2 verifiers, or can you just say 2006-2007 and have a single verifier?

how have you guys verified an award received from the province or from the registrar's office @ your university? Does it have to be the name of someone, or can you put "Office of Registrar" and then their mailing info?:confused:

I always put a person. Usually a professor who knows that I received the award.

Also, I think thats it very likely that none of your verifiers will get called. I've applied through OMSAS twice, and none of my verifiers got called. Each year almost 6000 people apply through OMSAS, with over 18000 total applications. Thats a lot of phone calls to make.

Archived