Premed 101 Forums

Referee Help

Hello,

Quick question. When I fill out the information for my referee, I don't have enough space to put down the full name of the organization. Do you think it's ok if I don't leave spaces between some of the words? That is the only way it works.

Also, after I have filled out the referee information, can I look at the form they have to fill out right away? Or do I have to fill out all 3 referee sections? And if I can look at the form...will I still be able to delete that referee if I choose not to use him at the end?

Thanks so much!

Sorry for the thread hijack, but I thought this would be better than starting another thread on the same topic.

The referee I was going to use said she's not working right now, so she doesn't have any official letterhead to write on... I phoned OMSAS asking if that would be okay, but they weren't able to help me. All they could say was that it should be on their regular stationary, and I'd have to call the med schools to ask them if I wanted to be sure.

Does anyone else have experience with this? Will this be a problem?

Just regular plain white paper/envelop should be fine if your referee is retired/not with the organization anymore/etc.

If the referee is a prof/doctor who would normally use school/hospital stationary, they should use them, but not all referees are, and it is certainly not a requirement.

Archived