Premed 101 Forums

c'mon guys, gimme some love.

rant

Starting my undergrad in Nursing at Mac this year.

Broke as hell, got enough money to pay rent until the summer and not much else.

Need to spend every waking moment of the next three years studying and doing ECs so that my GPA can be as high as I can possibly make it.

No time to work and make money so that life is at least mildly comfortable.

I know I sound maudlin. But I'm just scared ****less.

What gives you guys the confidence and inspiration to keep going through obstacles like this?

You have enough money to pay rent until the summer?? Lucky! I don't even know how I'm going to pay tuition in seven days.

In all seriousness though, You just have to keep at it and trust that you can carry yourself through this. If you want inspiration, watch the movie Pursuit of Happyness.

I grew up and realized that the obstacles you are referring to are normal parts of life.

Don't let the uncertainty of it all scare you. Life will happen either way. Try your best, hope for a bit of luck, and what will be will be.

Because trust me, the pressures only get worse as you move forward.

I grew up and realized that the obstacles you are referring to are normal parts of life.

Don't let the uncertainty of it all scare you. Life will happen either way. Try your best, hope for a bit of luck, and what will be will be.

Because trust me, the pressures only get worse as you move forward.

And when you look back, you think "gee, that wasn't nearly as bad as this is..."

Need to spend every waking moment of the next three years studying and doing ECs so that my GPA can be as high as I can possibly make it.

What gives you guys the confidence and inspiration to keep going through obstacles like this?

I am trying to think of something inspiring here, but drawing a black :) For me it was the hundred small things everyday that just reminded me that I could keep doing what I was already doing.

Spreading the love....:P

(I need vbulletin or God Ian Wong to create a heart emoticon for me on here).

1) My passion and my addiction: I love learning. I think I am on year seven (?) of 'balancing' work and post-secondary education. Two college programs and an almost 2 in 1 undergrad later, I am already excited about what I can apply to next, along-side of applying to med school (Maybe I'll take that back during exams, hehe!). I should note that I've completely financed this myself and, consequently, made serious sacrifices along the way.

2) My fearlessness: This one is tough for me to explain over the 'internets'. We'd have to have a real-life chat. Basically, I trust things will work out in their own way.

3) The realization that any moment could be your last - ties into the above point: Without sounding morbid, remember to live your life to the fullest. Follow your dreams; enjoy every moment; appreciate the wonderful (and not-so-wonderful) people around you; and be thankful to be born with the skills and abilities (and in the right time period and right country) to go for this degree.

(And, please forgive Haly's greeting card, insomnia moment!)

Good luck with everything! Let us know how it goes. :)

Archived