Premed 101 Forums

MCAT - Early 2010 writers unite!

The Law

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm so stoked, just did 2 sections of AAMC 6, will do the last tomorrow:

BS - 12 (got only 1 biological question wrong, but got like 14/19 on orgo <_< ). Then I did a verbal, 3 years ago scored a 9 on it... this time.. a 12. :D Ah, finally some scores to make me happy.

haha, u cant do that!

Hard to say right now. I think Western, but I don't really have a preference.

Any school that would be willing to take me. ;)

Aww... you're just so lovable, how could the med school resist? Too bad, if your first choice was u of t, it might be possible to pull some strings.... I know quite a lot of people who will be in second year med next year, and being one of the most valued members on the forum counts as leadership experience in my book. Perhaps during the interview you can let "I am The LAW" slip? :P

If only. :P To be honest, I would love to go to any of the Canadian schools. Right now, if I got to pick, I'd pick Western or Toronto because Toronto's where I've lived almost my whole life, and I loved Western as undergrad and really like their med school. Back in my third year I had a chance to check out Queen's and I really liked it too. I don't have any major preference, if I was ever lucky enough to be able to consider more than one school they'd all have a pretty equal shot in my mind. :) Lol, right now my goal is just to be able to consider one! hahaha.

Thanks Orange. I'm feeling nervous, wish I could be more confident in my scores... but at least they're consistent right now. The most I can do is keep practicing and reviewing. Wanna try to go for a last minute boost, try to figure out how I can get them a BIT higher!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is doing the MCAT this summer and is taking a prep course by Kaplan or Princeton. I took the course a while ago and I have the books but I do not have the online practice which is what I am looking for. But I do not want to spend all that money on the courses so if someone was doing the course right now I could share the cost or if someone could renew the course for me that would be cool too. I am studying from books but I think I need the online practice to get a great score. Can anyone help me out?

AT

• 3 weeks later...
Do you have any study tips and what materials did you use to study? what study strategy did you use to get that score?

I'll post all the advice my heart can give out very soon.

I've made a lot of posts on this site before though, search my post history and you should see some until then. :)

That was attempt 3.

Congrats! did u improve a lot from the other two times? i am also set to write #3 on june 17...just wrote a practice test and not really seeing tons of improvement..i find my score depends on whether i get topics that i am strong/weak in...

any advice/tips welcome!

I'll post all the advice my heart can give out very soon.

I've made a lot of posts on this site before though, search my post history and you should see some until then. :)

Hey law..do you mind sharing what score you got on your first try and your second try of the mcat?

Congrats! did u improve a lot from the other two times? i am also set to write #3 on june 17...just wrote a practice test and not really seeing tons of improvement..i find my score depends on whether i get topics that i am strong/weak in...

any advice/tips welcome!

Hey law..do you mind sharing what score you got on your first try and your second try of the mcat?

Attempt 1 (2007): 9/10/9 S (28S)

Attempt 2 (2008): 11/5/10 T (26T)

Attempt 3 (2010): 10/9/13 R (32R)

Archived