Premed 101 Forums

Best Embryology and Histology Texts

Id recommend wheather for histo. Ross is a good text but wordy (lots of molecular bio in it which is sweet). Embryo: larsen is good, so is moore and persaut. Netter embryo is a good atlas as well. But wait and see if your class notes cover all the material. I dont know about u of t butembryo and histo are pretty low yield in most med schools in canada (unfortunately) contrarily to the states.

Peace

This is a really good online histology resource...

http://www.lab.anhb.uwa.edu.au/mb140/

I used it to help me study for a histology course in undergrad and I did very well in the course. It has a pretty big image database and lots of info on all the tissues/organs. However, the best part of the site is that it allows you to do online multiple choice or short answer quizzes with both image recognition questions and standard content based questions. It also allows you to customize the quizzes depending on which tissue/organ you want to focus on. I hope this helps!

• 1 month later...
Guest copacetic

1) Lanman's for embryology (concise, clear to the point..you could probably read it cover to cover in a couple of days if you wanted to...assuming you do nothing else, lol)

2) Ross for Histo (ross has histology, and physiology, it can be dense, but if you know ross, you know your ****. plus its like studying two things at once since you also get the physiology aspect)

Archived