Premed 101 Forums

Medical School Admissions Advisor

medmal

Does anyone know of somebody who acts as a private medical school admissions advisor? I would like to go to someone, give them my entire application, and have them tell me which schools in Ontario, Canada, USA, Europe, Isreal, and Australia that I have a shot at.

Is there anyone like that in Ontario or Canada that I could call?

Thanks

Does anyone know of somebody who acts as a private medical school admissions advisor? I would like to go to someone, give them my entire application, and have them tell me which schools in Ontario, Canada, USA, Europe, Isreal, and Australia that I have a shot at.

Is there anyone like that in Ontario or Canada that I could call?

Thanks

that info is google-able...

there are probably some private services out there that would be willing to do that for a free

I did google it and I didn't see anything. Did your search turn up anything that I missed?

Thanks

for the US and Canada at least, you can get the MSAR (medical student admission requirements). it's a book published by the AAMC that has the most recent stats of students admitted to each school in north america. it also outlines the programs requirements and deadlines. it'll give you an idea of where you're competitive based on your stats.

easy enough to get your hands on. your school's career centre may carry an older copy. you can buy a new one at aamc.org.

nobody can tell you where you will and will not be successful for sure. there are many variables. it's time consuming work to figure all this out for yourself. but if you're wanting to go into medicine, you have to be willing to sacrifice your time.

madalsa

Indeed!

Ultimately, you own situation - personal, financial, academic - will help dictate your best fit. Not everyone wants to or can afford med school overseas. Others may prefer to stay in Canada or in the US as it's closer to home and to qualify the MD degrees.

Do take the time to read through the MSAR and, of course, our lovely pm101 forum. Individual med school websites are very important too.

Good luck!

:D

Archived