Premed 101 Forums

Hope? Or no Hope?

Supa_Dupa_Fly

Opinion please and no make fun of!

Is there hope really. I mean is there hope if someone did super bad in their undergrad that is they pased on the line and got a degree whether its general or honours. If they do a second degree and ace everthing like me right now who has a 4.0 on OMSAS scale in the second degree, wants to apply next year and did super great on her MCAT and get this failed courses in the first undergrad. Is there hope to get accepted into medicine at least at Queen's or Western (B/C they look at your best two years)? OPINION and FACTS PLEASE

THANX Start threading

Definitely possible, the non-trad forms are full of people that have done something similar. Western, Queens, Ottawa, and NOSM all have systems in place to consider your most recent work specifically. Each school of course has their own specific regulations (Westerns wants an Honour's degree for instance I believe).

Elaine is a super moderator and med student at Queens. She can help with all your Queens related questions :)

elaine's story is a little more deep than that. From what i gathered, she had like 1.6 gpa and still managed to get into med school after a bit of a journey. I think she went into paramedicine and then back to school. Kind of like Jochi.

tHIS FORUM IS DA bomb tHANKS FOR GIVING ME HOPE GUYS AND HOPE YOU PPL HAVE YOURDREAMS COME TRUE. never give up!! tHAT'S WHAT YOU GUys HAVE TAUGHT ME.:) :)

Even if my dream is to enslave all of humanity? :eek:

It's possible, but your plan hinges on the assumption that you'll be able to do a loooot better on your second UG. Is this a reasonable assumption? If not (and, lets be honest here, not everyone is smart enough to get these grades regardless of their ambition), maybe you should try out another profession.

No I am finishing up m undergrad an dI aced my MCAT and my second ndergra. If I take my thid year maks (From my second degree) I have a 4.0 on OMSAS scal. Afer a raduated from my degreee I redid another one and nstead of dong another 4 years, I got transfered into third year. I am no in fourth year but wanna take some time off to do more EC's.

No I am finishing up m undergrad an dI aced my MCAT and my second ndergra. If I take my thid year maks (From my second degree) I have a 4.0 on OMSAS scal. Afer a raduated from my degreee I redid another one and nstead of dong another 4 years, I got transfered into third year. I am no in fourth year but wanna take some time off to do more EC's.

how'd you do on the writing sample?

Archived