Premed 101 Forums

LOR deadline

I hear a lot of people saying that the LOR deadline is Dec. 1... is that for all schools in ontario? and i remember reading that this may slow down your application processing... is that right?

also, i know you can't call omsas and find out if you letters have been received... is this just referring to before oct. 1? can you call them after oct 1 to verify they got them? or you never can... (which wouldn't really make sense, because then how would you know if your letters were lost in the mail)

thanks

I hear a lot of people saying that the LOR deadline is Dec. 1... is that for all schools in ontario? and i remember reading that this may slow down your application processing... is that right?

also, i know you can't call omsas and find out if you letters have been received... is this just referring to before oct. 1? can you call them after oct 1 to verify they got them? or you never can... (which wouldn't really make sense, because then how would you know if your letters were lost in the mail)

thanks

Dec 1- Ottawa, Queens, Toronto. It's on the 1st page of the OMSAS guide! If it's the deadline, it won't slow down the processing. For the other schools, a late LOR is not an automatic rejection (maybe at Northern it is? I don't know), but it may slow processing.

You'll get confirmation after Oct 1st in the mail & on the OMSAS site when you log in to see if the LORs have been received.

Archived