<threadtitle>Hi</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>Bran Wicks</username>

<dateline>1009497420</dateline>

<title>Suggestions for Undergrad?</title>

<pagetext>Hello,

I'm a high school student as well, although my question is of a different nature. Many people have asked about whether medical schools favour certain undergrad. programs (say biochemistry over philosophy). I understand from what I've read that med schools actually look for diversity, and are happy to admit a philosophy major with the proper prerequisites, volunteer and extracurricular experience, a high GPA, and good MCAT results.

Unfortunately, this makes it difficult for me to decide which undergrad to take. I like all of my courses in high school, and I have an ok average for getting into whatever program I want.

I really enjoy my math course, although chemistry and biology have been fun too. I also like a philosophy and history course I've taken! Basically, can anyone suggest a program they really enjoyed that is suited for someone as indecisive as me? :-)

I've applied to biochem, medical sciences, and health sciences at a number of universities, but I'm unsure as to whether I'll enjoy these, or whether they are diversified enough to catch the attention of the acceptance people at med school. I was considering engineering for a while too! I guess I don't want to apply to medical school with the same degree that everyone else has. Thanks for your help!

Much Obliged,

Bran

Archived