Premed 101 Forums

mcat pending

It says my MCAT is "pending" on the omsas review... but I'm not waiting on a score - I wrote last year... I released it to omsas and everything, and I would think it should be pretty immediate.. is anyone else noticing this? or is it a potential problem that i should look into?

It says my MCAT is "pending" on the omsas review... but I'm not waiting on a score - I wrote last year... I released it to omsas and everything, and I would think it should be pretty immediate.. is anyone else noticing this? or is it a potential problem that i should look into?

Perfectly normal!

If you continue to see 'pending' in late October, then that may be an issue.

From the help section on the OMSAS complete page.

MCAT Scores

All MCAT scores are currently showing as "Pending". This status will change by mid-October. At that time, if your scores are still showing as pending, you need to do one or both of the following:

* email OMSAS with your AAMC ID number

* go to the MCAT Request site and release all scores to OMSAS

Applicants will not be penalized in the event that MCAT scores are released after the expected October 13 release date; however, applicants must release their scores as soon as they are made available. The medical schools reserve the right to disqualify an applicant based on non-receipt of MCAT scores.

My MCAT says pending as well. I have now release my score to OMSAS twice using the MCAT release website. I wrote sept 3 2009. I actually got an email yesterday from OMSAS saying:

Please be advised that OMSAS has been unable to retrieve your MCAT scores from

AAMC. In order to rectify this, please ensure that you have done the following:

1) visited the MCAT Testing History (THx) system at

https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx/ and released all scores to OMSAS

(not AMCAS);

2) provided OMSAS with your correct AAMC ID number.

Applicants will not be penalized in the event that MCAT scores are released

after the October 13 release date; however, applicants must release their

scores as soon as they are made available. The medical schools reserve the

right to disqualify an applicant based on unsubmitted or late MCAT scores.

You will be able to check for receipt of MCAT scores by logging on to COMPASS,

and clicking on the appropriate link.

Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter. Please note that it is

not necessary to reply to this email.

Thanks,

The OMSAS Team

I don't know what to do. Should I contact OMSAS about it? It's Friday and no one is going to reply to me until Tuesday the 13th, which is the deadline :eek:. I'm getting very anxious too.

Call them. It never hurts.

There are records of when you released your scores on the MCAT Thx system under review the status of your Thx request. You can check to make sure they've been sent by AAMC and voila you have documentation to support that you released the scores by the deadline.

Call them. It never hurts.

There are records of when you released your scores on the MCAT Thx system under review the status of your Thx request. You can check to make sure they've been sent by AAMC and voila you have documentation to support that you released the scores by the deadline.

Absolutely Nothing like documentation to relieve stress :) You don't want to get indigestion on this fine weekend. Then be ready to contact them on Tuesday in case to clear things up.

Mine's pending as well, I don't understand why it's taking such a long time. I'm thinking of calling them today to make sure everything is alright.
Don't call (unless you have really high levels of anxiety). MCAT is likely one of the last things OMSAS is going to worry about. They're likely still opening all their mail. Don't worry. Plus, MCAT scores aren't even due until later on this week, so it's likely they'll wait until after the due date to collect everyone's scores.

Don't call (unless you have really high levels of anxiety). MCAT is likely one of the last things OMSAS is going to worry about. They're likely still opening all their mail. Don't worry. Plus, MCAT scores aren't even due until later on this week, so it's likely they'll wait until after the due date to collect everyone's scores.

Indeed. I haven't heard of anyone who applied through OMSAS this year whose MCAT isn't still pending. I released mine about a month ago, and it's still pending, pending, pending.

Perhaps OMSAS does this as a service to us neurotic premeds obsessing over every last detail that could derail our med applications, so that we have somewhere to focus that anxiety ;) .

Just an automatic reply from OMSAS when you try and contact them:

All MCAT scores are currently showing as "Pending ". This status will change

on Wednesday, October 15. If, at that time, your scores are still showing as pending,

you need to do one or both of the following:

- email OMSAS with your AAMC ID number

- go to the MCAT Request site, and release all scores to OMSAS

Thanks Biogirl, I did not know about the Oct 15 date. I just thought to myself that I'd wait until the end of this month to see if my scores were updated, rather than frequently visit omsas being all paranoid hehe :o

Merci!

By the way sv3, this is not a stupid thread :P I actually found it useful to learn about the oct 15th date.

Archived