Premed 101 Forums

Activities section - dates?

I know it only says to list and briefly describe your activities, but it seems weird that they don't ask for dates or at least a rough idea of how long you were involved. Does anyone know if dates needed to be included?

It makes sense that dates should be included, but if it's not required, I don't want to take up extra space with it.

Thanks!

I don't think exact dates are required, but they probably want to know how recent (highschool/university/summer) or how long you have been involved in something. For example, I put, "Since 2006, ...." rather than putting "Since Feb. 23, 2006, to present, ...." or "In summer of 2008" rather than "From May 1, 2008, to August 29, 2008"...

I don't think exact dates are required, but they probably want to know how recent (highschool/university/summer) or how long you have been involved in something. For example, I put, "Since 2006, ...." rather than putting "Since Feb. 23, 2006, to present, ...." or "In summer of 2008" rather than "From May 1, 2008, to August 29, 2008"...
I'm using this approach as well. I want to show them that I've been involved in my ECs for a long time, but I don't think they need absolute specifics.

I find that the application seems a little bit incomplete, I suggest carefully reading the UME website. It's like they decided to put half of the instructions there and the other half on the app.

1. Employment Record: include dates, brief description of the nature of the work and your responsibilities, as well as your employer's name, email address or telephone number

2. Awards or Achievements: list and describe any awards/achievements that you have recognition for. For non university awards please list a contact and telephone number

3. Leadership Roles: list and briefly describe areas where you have provided a major leadership role providing a contact and telephone numbers

4. Volunteer Work: include dates and number of hours worked as well as the name, email address or telephone number of a contact person who serves in an official capacity at the organization and a brief description of your responsibilities

5. Diversity of Experience: these may include but not limited to work, travel, career choice, sports, arts, fluency in other languages and research. Please provide contact name and telephone number.

6. Is there anything else relevant to your application that you feel the Committee should take into consideration? This question is not scored however additional information will be taken into consideration for your application. Examples of information you could provide in this section could be: interested in Rural Medicine; Aboriginal applicant; published papers or any other information you wish the Committee to know.

Archived