Premed 101 Forums

Should I submit college transcript?

alpha7

I will be applying to Canadian as well as US med schools. I will have to provide my college transcript for Canadian Med schools, otherwise they will figure out and cause me trouble later. But I am not sure whether I really have to submit my college transcript to US schools as well?

I know I am suppose to submit all post-secondary institution records to AMCAS. But, could they really figure out if I haven't?

I think OMCAS and OUAC have communication; so does the AMCAS with OUAC. But not sure if OUAC would communicate with OCAS for college transcripts and later communicate that information to AMCAS.

OUAC basically handles all university applications thus knows who applied where and when. Same way, OCAS handles all college applications.

I had done 1 year at some community college. At that point, I was an immigrant and had no idea what GPA was or its importance. This was 5-6 years ago.

But I still fear that this would mess with my admission. Some might say that show them the college transcript they won't consider them as they are quite old. But do they really do that?

I am already weaken my chances as I didn't had full-time course load and extended fifth year due to my medical reasons. Apart, I have little EC activities.

So, should I submit my college transcript or is there any other way to prove my innocence.

Thanks for your advice and opinions.

Due diligence. Do you really want to take that chance? If you lie you and are found out, you could be shut out for good. Chances are with AMCAS, they won't count community college courses towards your GPA. They didn't with my continuing ed/part-time courses. Just send it all in and keep your peace of mind.

I understand your point.

I am in state of shock. Those mistakes or ignorance from the past are coming to haunt back after so many years.

I am not sure how AMCAS would see this. Whether It would count or not towards. If it does then regardless of my current GPA of 3.8, I will be doomed. I won't be able to make through GPA filtering processing.

So not fair, I think it would be fair if they considered last 5 years GPA.

Anyways thanks for your advice keith.

Due diligence. Do you really want to take that chance? If you lie you and are found out, you could be shut out for good. Chances are with AMCAS, they won't count community college courses towards your GPA. They didn't with my continuing ed/part-time courses. Just send it all in and keep your peace of mind.

That's weird, they counted ALL of my courses, part-time and post-bac. I'm pretty sure the norm is for them to count everything so someone must have messed up when verifying your stuff. :)

alpha, I started undergrad almost 10 years ago, and unfortunately they counted my GPA from back then (my first year GPA was much lower than years after and dragged my GPA down). How low was your GPA for that CC year? Regardless, I agree with keith that you should turn in all of your transcripts.

That's weird, they counted ALL of my courses, part-time and post-bac. I'm pretty sure the norm is for them to count everything so someone must have messed up when verifying your stuff. :)

I think the issue with my community college stuff is that neither school had either an acceptable credit hour scale or conversion, so the courses taken were left as blanks. I wish they would've counted. Nothing says potentially good doctor than a 99 in bartending techniques ;) (as well as A's in other science related courses).

Archived